• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of my Tom Ford RTW Suit

Kei-bon

Reaction score
^I think someone on another thread identified this as Michael Bastian ...

edit: out-typed

mrbowtie

Reaction score
Almost positive Kanye is in Michael Bastien. I've actually had some rather nice conversations about fashion with Mr West and he is a big Bastien fan, and even bigger Raf Simmons fan. Nice gentleman he is.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrbowtie
Almost positive Kanye is in Michael Bastien. I've actually had some rather nice conversations about fashion with Mr West and he is a big Bastien fan, and even bigger Raf Simmons fan. Nice gentleman he is.

teacha.gif

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is my paul smith black coat, i like the way the body fits and wish my suit fit the same:

ps.jpg

here are more photos of my TF suit:

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

1.jpg

edited
edited.jpg

calvinloke

Reaction score
Aren't those obvious pullings at the back and the sleeves are too long?

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by calvinloke
Aren't those obvious pullings at the back and the sleeves are too long?

yes - the fit of the suit has many problems.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My coat has something closer to the silhouette I am going for with my suit. That coat was never altered and was just off the rack. I bought it at neiman marcus, its a paul smith coat.. not bad

In the final photo of my suit I photoshoped the shoulder and had someone pin my coat + smoothed the edges in photoshop to show what I'm thinking for the silhouette on the suit.

While I don't have the broadest shoulders in the world with a 31" waist - I definately have potential to give me a nice silhouette

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
My coat has something closer to the silhouette I am going for with my suit. That coat was never altered and was just off the rack. I bought it at neiman marcus, its a paul smith coat.. not bad

I have a nearly identical Paul Smith coat, with the hidden buttons and all. It fits the same way as yours. I found it at a flea market in Rome for 40 Euro, not bad.

I'm sorry to see that about the suit, and I certainly hope TF can fix this situation. I'd be interested to see the results...

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
I have a nearly identical Paul Smith coat, with the hidden buttons and all. It fits the same way as yours. I found it at a flea market in Rome for 40 Euro, not bad.

I'm sorry to see that about the suit, and I certainly hope TF can fix this situation. I'd be interested to see the results...

we will see

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
In the final photo of my suit I photoshoped the shoulder and had someone pin my coat + smoothed the edges in photoshop to show what I'm thinking for the silhouette on the suit.

While I don't have the broadest shoulders in the world with a 31" waist - I definately have potential to give me a nice silhouette

Notice now how your hips look wider than your shoulders? The idea of a built-up, wider shoulder is to give more visual weight to the shoulder so that the waist and hips look smaller in comparison without having to resort to extreme suppression which will cause other problems, like the coat front pulling open as it now does.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jefferyd
Notice now how your hips look wider than your shoulders? The idea of a built-up, wider shoulder is to give more visual weight to the shoulder so that the waist and hips look smaller in comparison without having to resort to extreme suppression which will cause other problems, like the coat front pulling open as it now does.

I was doing a lot of side deltoid lifting last night plus cardio before. On a mission to widen my shoulders & trim my waist lol
smile.gif

bjm

Reaction score
If I was with the Tom Ford orginization I would be appalled at this thread and would do everything in my power to make it right up to and including a completly new suit at no charge.

Everyone in business make's mistakes and screw ups from time to time, its how these are handled by the business owner thats crucial. Seems to me this is not being handled with the seriousness it deserves.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjm
If I was with the Tom Ford orginization I would be appalled at this thread and would do everything in my power to make it right up to and including a completly new suit at no charge.

Everyone in business make's mistakes and screw ups from time to time, its how these are handled by the business owner thats crucial. Seems to me this is not being handled with the seriousness it deserves.

If they are able to get me a new suit that can be altered to fit fantastic and they go the extra mile to make it happen and I'm truly satisfied - i will buy a lot more from them over the next 12-24 months. in all seriousness

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads