Photos of my Tom Ford RTW Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AvariceBespoke, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Kei-bon

Kei-bon Senior member

^I think someone on another thread identified this as Michael Bastian ...

edit: out-typed

2. mrbowtie

mrbowtie Well-Known Member

Almost positive Kanye is in Michael Bastien. I've actually had some rather nice conversations about fashion with Mr West and he is a big Bastien fan, and even bigger Raf Simmons fan. Nice gentleman he is.

3. AvariceBespoke

AvariceBespoke Senior member

Almost positive Kanye is in Michael Bastien. I've actually had some rather nice conversations about fashion with Mr West and he is a big Bastien fan, and even bigger Raf Simmons fan. Nice gentleman he is.

[​IMG]

4. AvariceBespoke

this is my paul smith black coat, i like the way the body fits and wish my suit fit the same:

[​IMG]

here are more photos of my TF suit:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edited
    [​IMG]

5. calvinloke

calvinloke Senior member

Aren't those obvious pullings at the back and the sleeves are too long?

6. AvariceBespoke

Aren't those obvious pullings at the back and the sleeves are too long?

yes - the fit of the suit has many problems.

7. AvariceBespoke

My coat has something closer to the silhouette I am going for with my suit. That coat was never altered and was just off the rack. I bought it at neiman marcus, its a paul smith coat.. not bad

In the final photo of my suit I photoshoped the shoulder and had someone pin my coat + smoothed the edges in photoshop to show what I'm thinking for the silhouette on the suit.

While I don't have the broadest shoulders in the world with a 31" waist - I definately have potential to give me a nice silhouette

8. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

My coat has something closer to the silhouette I am going for with my suit. That coat was never altered and was just off the rack. I bought it at neiman marcus, its a paul smith coat.. not bad

I have a nearly identical Paul Smith coat, with the hidden buttons and all. It fits the same way as yours. I found it at a flea market in Rome for 40 Euro, not bad.

I'm sorry to see that about the suit, and I certainly hope TF can fix this situation. I'd be interested to see the results...

9. AvariceBespoke

I have a nearly identical Paul Smith coat, with the hidden buttons and all. It fits the same way as yours. I found it at a flea market in Rome for 40 Euro, not bad.

I'm sorry to see that about the suit, and I certainly hope TF can fix this situation. I'd be interested to see the results...

we will see

10. jefferyd

jefferyd Senior member Dubiously Honored

In the final photo of my suit I photoshoped the shoulder and had someone pin my coat + smoothed the edges in photoshop to show what I'm thinking for the silhouette on the suit.

While I don't have the broadest shoulders in the world with a 31" waist - I definately have potential to give me a nice silhouette

Notice now how your hips look wider than your shoulders? The idea of a built-up, wider shoulder is to give more visual weight to the shoulder so that the waist and hips look smaller in comparison without having to resort to extreme suppression which will cause other problems, like the coat front pulling open as it now does.

11. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

12. AvariceBespoke

Notice now how your hips look wider than your shoulders? The idea of a built-up, wider shoulder is to give more visual weight to the shoulder so that the waist and hips look smaller in comparison without having to resort to extreme suppression which will cause other problems, like the coat front pulling open as it now does.

I was doing a lot of side deltoid lifting last night plus cardio before. On a mission to widen my shoulders & trim my waist lol [​IMG]

13. AvariceBespoke

some1 asked if this was really a TF suit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. bjm

bjm Senior member

If I was with the Tom Ford orginization I would be appalled at this thread and would do everything in my power to make it right up to and including a completly new suit at no charge.

Everyone in business make's mistakes and screw ups from time to time, its how these are handled by the business owner thats crucial. Seems to me this is not being handled with the seriousness it deserves.

15. AvariceBespoke

If I was with the Tom Ford orginization I would be appalled at this thread and would do everything in my power to make it right up to and including a completly new suit at no charge.

Everyone in business make's mistakes and screw ups from time to time, its how these are handled by the business owner thats crucial. Seems to me this is not being handled with the seriousness it deserves.

If they are able to get me a new suit that can be altered to fit fantastic and they go the extra mile to make it happen and I'm truly satisfied - i will buy a lot more from them over the next 12-24 months. in all seriousness