• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of my Tom Ford RTW Suit

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
some1 asked if this was really a TF suit

well i see a white shirt and a TF box and TF suit bag, but it isn't clear that the suit itself is TF...
tounge.gif

bjm

Reaction score
Just think of the negative sentiment and word of mouth risk this thread will have to the company if they do not make it right. I know I personally will not go near a TF garment after reading this...so I think you are doing a great service by going public, alot of people would just accept their word its a great suit without having a clue.

If they are able to get me a new suit that can be altered to fit fantastic and they go the extra mile to make it happen and I'm truly satisfied - i will buy a lot more from them over the next 12-24 months. in all seriousness

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
B,
Have you realized that all the pics of men in Tom Ford suits that you like have been custom made for those individuals and not ready made? Daniel Craig probably had multiple fittings by tailors other than those working in NY for Tom Ford. All the other shots were of models wearing Tom Ford. These last pics show me that the cut of this jacket is not the silhouette you want and it is not a result of the jacket being altered.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
AB,
Have you realized that all the pics of men in Tom Ford suits that you like have been custom made for those individuals and not ready made? Daniel Craig probably had multiple fittings by tailors other than those working in NY for Tom Ford. All the other shots were of models wearing Tom Ford. These last pics show me that the cut of this jacket is not the silhouette you want and it is not a result of the jacket being altered.

Mr. Despos,

Thank you for your thoughts - I really appreciate them. What do you recommend I do? I wish I was in Chicago as I would come to discuss with you as based on your writings I think you have a good sense for what I need to achieve what I'm going for.

What do you think I should do at this point? I wonder if MTM would be better.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kei-bon
isn't it at least possible that someone in the TF store is following this discussion?

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Well, look at poor Jay Kos.

Originally Posted by sweisman
23 Pages WOW....I think you should first email the manager a link to this thread so can see how much time has already been spent on this suit. If he had to reimburse you for the hourly rate of all of the numerous good folks who have offered advice and suggestions you may just be getting that suit for free...and enough for a pair of shoes as well! Good luck on Saturday.

Originally Posted by bjm
If I was with the Tom Ford orginization I would be appalled at this thread and would do everything in my power to make it right up to and including a completly new suit at no charge.

Everyone in business make's mistakes and screw ups from time to time, its how these are handled by the business owner thats crucial. Seems to me this is not being handled with the seriousness it deserves.

Originally Posted by bjm
Just think of the negative sentiment and word of mouth risk this thread will have to the company if they do not make it right. I know I personally will not go near a TF garment after reading this...so I think you are doing a great service by going public, alot of people would just accept their word its a great suit without having a clue.

Oooh, they face the wrath of the internet forums!!! I don't think they'd care. A bunch of men who spend hours talking about the mythical perfect sleeve pitch and buy things on 95% clearance with double coupons are not their target audience.

People who see the ads or the product placement and go buy the perfume or the sunglasses are.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
A bunch of men who spend hours talking about the mythical perfect sleeve pitch and buy things on 95% clearance with double coupons are not their target audience.

People who see the ads or the product placement and go buy the perfume or the sunglasses are.

You forgot the Russians.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are able to get me a new suit that can be altered to fit fantastic and they go the extra mile to make it happen and I'm truly satisfied - i will buy a lot more from them over the next 12-24 months. in all seriousness

I just don't get it. This is what you said in the other thread you created (not even touching the fact that you created another thread):

im just trying to educate myself - im not trying to advertise that I bought the suit to brag.. im here to learn about clothing and proper fit

You are not trying to educate yourself. It seems you are doing nothing more than trying to impress us that you bought a Tom Ford suit. Some people who are very knowledgeable on these matters have told you over and over that the Tom Ford look you want will not work on your build. But you are you insisting, "in all seriousness," that you will go back and buy more clothes from a store that we have clearly explained is not going to achieve the look you want. Thousands of dollars wasted because they let you make a return? Would this be in addition to your long-term relationship with Longsdail as well? Man, this thread is incredible. The number of times you contradict yourself is astonishing. We get it. You can afford a fancy suit.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Would this be in addition to your long-term relationship with Longsdail as well?

Or Despos if he were in Chicago, apparently. In fact, any tailor anywhere . . . and Tom Ford.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
You forgot the Russians.

the russians are going broke, their currency is on its way to being worthless, and the economy/russian market is in the tank. sorry.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't get it. This is what you said in the other thread you created (not even touching the fact that you created another thread):

You are not trying to educate yourself. It seems you are doing nothing more than trying to impress us that you bought a Tom Ford suit. Some people who are very knowledgeable on these matters have told you over and over that the Tom Ford look you want will not work on your build. But you are you insisting, "in all seriousness," that you will go back and buy more clothes from a store that we have clearly explained is not going to achieve the look you want. Thousands of dollars wasted because they let you make a return? Would this be in addition to your long-term relationship with Longsdail as well? Man, this thread is incredible. The number of times you contradict yourself is astonishing. We get it. You can afford a fancy suit.

Yes I have contradicted myself which speaks to my lack of conviction regarding what I should do because I am not an expert.

You say people told me to not goto TF because it won't work on my build? what the fck are you talking about? I didn't EVER post a photo here until this suit.

I am trying to educate myself and if your going to just attack me, move on. Thanks

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I have contradicted myself which speaks to my lack of conviction regarding what I should do because I am not an expert.

You say people told me to not goto TF because it won't work on my build? what the fck are you talking about? I didn't EVER post a photo here until this suit.

I am trying to educate myself and if your going to just attack me, move on. Thanks

People told you after you bought the suit and posted pics that a TF suit, on you, will not achieve the look you desire. Yet, you still insist on going back there. That's what I said. Not a tough concept. I don't get it.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're just an idiot, fess-up. Sorry for being so forward.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People told you after you bought the suit and posted pics that a TF suit, on you, will not achieve the look you desire. Yet, you still insist on going back there. That's what I said. Not a tough concept. I don't get it.

1) Since I got the suit via delivery I have not been back yet
2) I am going Saturday
3) I said IF there was a scenario where they were able to either deliver me a MTM or different sized RTW that was prefect - then I would be willing to shop there again.

What is there not to get?

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Since I got the suit via delivery I have not been back yet
2) I am going Saturday
3) I said IF there was a scenario where they were able to either deliver me a MTM or different sized RTW that was prefect - then I would be willing to shop there again.

What is there not to get?

First mistake was not just going into TF to pickup the suit. That way you can throw it back in their face.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
You're just an idiot, fess-up. Sorry for being so forward.

My lack of knowledge regarding the proper fit of a suit is very real but I am trying to learn quickly.

Saying I'm generally an idiot based on what you know about me is irresponsible

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads