• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
An interesting experiment: four pics of the same coat, on the same day. Leaving the house:
p1030742le0.jpg

You left your house wearing that shirt?
uhoh.gif
crazy.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
You left your house wearing that shirt?
uhoh.gif
crazy.gif

What's wrong with it?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
An interesting experiment: four pics of the same coat, on the same day.

Leaving the house:
p1030742le0.jpg

Early evening. Not sure what is causing the wierd buckling in the right shoulder:

p1030758tt8.jpg

p1030761nz7.jpg

Here it is without:
p1030781ki9.jpg

Note that it looks significantly different in every pic. Every pic shows some "flaw" or other, yet I can say that having worn it now many times, and taken it on a long trip, the fit and balance are spot on (with the exception of the sleeve length).

A cautionary tale about trying to glean too many conclusions from Internet pics.

Whoa!! I know you are a tall guy, but I just noticed how big those patch pockets pockets are. Them's crazy. Same with the breast pocket and collar points, though the breast pocket doesn't look quite so stretched and the collar points manage to look long and in proportion at the same time. But those hip pockets - wow.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I don't like the fabric. Is it a brown/tan double stripe?

It's a light blue linen, with a five-bar multi-stripe: cream, brown, and dark blue. Very nice.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's a light blue linen, with a five-bar multi-stripe: cream, brown, and dark blue. Very nice.
It sounds better than it looks in the pictures - the colors are all washed out in the photos. A pity, but if you can't wear it on the internet, you might still get some use out of it in the real world.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Doctor
I've made several from this bunch and it makes up really well. Sent this to a customer in Vancouver but I didn't want to let it go. It feels like cashmere. (I'm modeling)

Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Nice - Moonbeam is fantastic stuff imo. I just had a sportcoat made in dark navy with rust checks (the last swatch in the book).

Yachtie loves it, too. And it does feel like cashmere...do you two think it wears better?

- B

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Doctor
I've made several from this bunch and it makes up really well. Sent this to a customer in Vancouver but I didn't want to let it go. It feels like cashmere. (I'm modeling)
HPIM0353_edited.jpg
Edwin DeBoise www.steed.co.uk

I has a very attractive, contemporary finish. I have been contemplating a jacket like this but i dont need a lot more odd jackets (Though I probably dont need to get any tailored items at all). Do you use a lot of Harrisons cloths?

The Doctor

Reaction score
HPIM0353_edited.jpg

Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
I has a very attractive, contemporary finish. I have been contemplating a jacket like this but i dont need a lot more odd jackets (Though I probably dont need to get any tailored items at all). Do you use a lot of Harrisons cloths?

Yes, they have a very extensive range.

Lear, Browne & Dunsford are the main company and incorporate, Harrisons, Porter & Harding and Pedersen & Becker.

Edwin DeBoise

www.steed.co.uk

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Yachtie loves it, too. And it does feel like cashmere...do you two think it wears better?

- B

I sure do. final fitting is next week, I'll post it on. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The full tweed suit...not the best photograph, but can see the shaping of the silhouette:

282793150_sYXiG-O.jpg

The coat worn as an odd jacket, with Kiton RTW trousers:

299108895_PbLVN-O.jpg

- B

Vox - is this the Steed house cut, or did you have significant input? Thanks.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro

I believe he posed for the fittings personally.
rimshot.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro

This is one of two basic SB silhouettes that reflects seven years of working with Edwin. So, you might say that I had a lot of input. The jacket has both a front and underarm dart, but no sidebodies (so, still well within the general A&S-style cut), the other has only the underarm dart. There will be examples of both in stuff I have in the works, which I will post when they arrive.

I have a SB nailhead that I should photograph and post here as well...it shows the most current iteration of the more closely fitted of the two silhouettes that he and I are using for me.

- B

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one of two basic SB silhouettes that reflects seven years of working with Edwin. So, you might say that I had a lot of input. The jacket has both a front and underarm dart, but no sidebodies (so, still well within the general A&S-style cut), the other has only the underarm dart. There will be examples of both in stuff I have in the works, which I will post when they arrive.

I have a SB nailhead that I should photograph and post here as well...it shows the most current iteration of the more closely fitted of the two silhouettes that he and I are using for me.

- B

Thank you.

Originally Posted by grimslade
I believe he posed for the fittings personally.
rimshot.gif

bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads