• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Thanks for your detailed info. I am coming from trendy-wear and am learning the art of fine dressing and styling. I ordered my MTM shirt through an actual tailor. I have found department store staff not to be that knowledgeable, but I guess that depends on the store.
Yeah - it always amazes me how clueless most department store staff are trying to sell custom dress shirts...

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
Wow, that Paper Cloth site is awesome. I posted this in the thread a few months earlier, but I have a ***** of a time finding shirts that fit even decently, let alone good, off the rack. Especially on my really tight budget. All I've been able to find are the Express slim fit shirts size medium, and even those leave a little too much room in the waist.

Are the Paper Cloth MTM shirts decent quality? Are there any other similar sites with MTM shirts in the same price range?

metkirk

Reaction score
After I put in my measurements on Paper Cloth website, it gives me a lot of errors, like 5.5inch chest wtf
plain.gif

msawch

Reaction score
I recently ordered my first shirt from Proper Cloth and received it within about 2 weeks of placing the order. You'd be hard pressed to get this kind of turnaround from any other online MTM service. That being said, the quality is first rate. Excellent stitching, nice buttons and the spread color is top notch (nice roll). I just put in another order and eagerly look forward to receiving the finished product. Do not hesitate in ordering from Proper -- and if you have nay questions, the customer service has been excellent in my experience. Once the site gets more cloth choices, it will very hard to beat!

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by msawch
I recently ordered my first shirt from Proper Cloth and received it within about 2 weeks of placing the order. You'd be hard pressed to get this kind of turnaround from any other online MTM service. That being said, the quality is first rate. Excellent stitching, nice buttons and the spread color is top notch (nice roll). I just put in another order and eagerly look forward to receiving the finished product. Do not hesitate in ordering from Proper -- and if you have nay questions, the customer service has been excellent in my experience. Once the site gets more cloth choices, it will very hard to beat!

Nice to hear. I might put in an order.

furosemide

Reaction score
FYI: Nialma has the quickest turnaround time online. I think they guarentee 9 days, but I have ordered from them four times and consistently it has arrived in 7 days, from time of order to my doorstep. Not 7 business days, 7 days period. Quality is an issue, but for an online MTM it's the best overall I've found taking into account consistently good fit (I've tried BestCustomShirts, Tailorstore, and MyTailor). Haven't tried Proper, but I'm sure I will fix that soon.

unicornwarrior

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
How are the Express 1MX Fitted Shirts?

I was at the store today and they didn't have any Small sizes, so I couldn't try them on.. but was thinking about ordering some online.. I don't know though.

They're pretty expensive and I don't want to waste money on shirts that won't fit.

Anyone have any experience with these shirts, quality and fit wise?

regarding the express shirts, they're ok, but only really worth the money on sale. My main issue is that to get a good slim fit, I'd have to buy a small, but after washing the shirt it would become too tight. The mediums don't fit me well, so I cant go with sizing up.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TM Lewin John Francomb shirts - yes, I know there are some complaints that these are not "slim". But they are slimmer than BB regular fit.

Anyway, does anybody have chest and waist measurments for a 16 x 36 and a 16.5 x 36 in the Milan and Roverto fits? I'm trying to figure out which one would fit my currently 43 inch chest and 36 inch waist the best.

Hell, for that matter, I would take any measurements, since I could try to extrapolate from what I know about other brands measurements

aside - yes, I asked the company. Twice. Both times they were spectacularly unhelpful.

GloStiX

Reaction score
Regarding Express 1MX Fitted shirts, I find their fit to be slightly slimmer than H&M's after a wash. What annoys me about them is the weird collar. No matter how I iron it, the collars form like a "C" shape around my neck that stays erect and just won't relax and hang down/open the way you would like to wear a shirt informally. They are also longer than H&M's slims.

Suggestions on cheap, short, slim shirts?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seph
True - but you could probably catch this 80% off somewhere if you look - The sales going on now are unbelieveable...

Where? I see decent, not great, sales.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"rics" discount code still works at TM Lewin by the way, just scored 5 shirts shipped for 100 pounds.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads