• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirts that fit similar to TM Lewin "Super Fitted"?

BonghitzMcGee

Reaction score
Looking to buy some new shirts, the shirts that I currently own that fit best are the TM Lewin "Super Fitted" and some more casual Banana Republic "Tailored Slim Fit", but would like to see what other options are out there that would fit similarly. Searched the forum and didn't find much, anybody else familiar with these shirts and have suggestions to check out?
Brooks Brothers Milano is a bit too roomy for me in the chest and in the arms.

Thanks in advance!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

BonghitzMcGee

Reaction score
If you enter the shirt measurements into Proper Cloth's website, they can basically replicate the fit.

Excellent, thank you. A bit on the higher end of what I was hoping to spend, but I think I'd rather pay 2x for an exact fit and be able to pick the exact fabric and design than be limited to not-quite-right fits and a limited selection of fabrics and designs.

For anyone that may see this thread and be in the same boat themselves, another site I found in my search is https://www.shirtdetective.com/shirt-search-engine/
Unfortunately it didn't lead me to find anything better, but someone else's measurements and fit requirements may find it useful to compare the actual dimensions of a bunch of different brands/fits.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Excellent, thank you. A bit on the higher end of what I was hoping to spend, but I think I'd rather pay 2x for an exact fit and be able to pick the exact fabric and design than be limited to not-quite-right fits and a limited selection of fabrics and designs.

For anyone that may see this thread and be in the same boat themselves, another site I found in my search is https://www.shirtdetective.com/shirt-search-engine/
Unfortunately it didn't lead me to find anything better, but someone else's measurements and fit requirements may find it useful to compare the actual dimensions of a bunch of different brands/fits.

For what it's worth, I've tried maybe seven or eight of these online made-to-measure companies and Proper Cloth delivered the best fitting shirt. It's not an exact replica of the shirt I measured, but it's pretty close.

They offer a free remake on first time orders. On my order, I found that small adjustments needed to be made the first time. After that, subsequent orders were easy. It helps, however, to order fabric swatches before actually placing an order. Sometimes things like sheen and texture don't come through online.

BonghitzMcGee

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've tried maybe seven or eight of these online made-to-measure companies and Proper Cloth delivered the best fitting shirt. It's not an exact replica of the shirt I measured, but it's pretty close.

They offer a free remake on first time orders. On my order, I found that small adjustments needed to be made the first time. After that, subsequent orders were easy. It helps, however, to order fabric swatches before actually placing an order. Sometimes things like sheen and texture don't come through online.
Good tip on seeing samples in person vs online.
As for the adjustments, I suppose that would be expected the first time around, but it sounds like once they nail the dimensions and save the specs it's just a matter of picking the fabrics and details on subsequent shirts, knowing that the fit should be perfect. I'm loving the idea!

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could look into spier and Mackay extra slim. They also offer mtm shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads