• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brands that represent quality above all else

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I envy your direct access.

I'm trying to decide what to start with.

- B

I have at least one of almost everything. Let me know what you want to see.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Apple Computer.

The feel, look and quality of the products is excellent. I also give them credit for their innovative nature and ability to do so much with so little (space, buttons, etc.). Just look at the new MacBook, the case is machined from a solid piece from aluminum so its stronger, and lighter because less screws are needed to hold it all together.

I hate to admit it, but you're right. I love my iPhone.

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What does your wife like the most?

- B

Her purse. Are you in the market? I think her belts and wallets are the best. My briefcase is really nice, but I don't use it a whole lot. The card cases are great.

tlmusic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by needshoehelp
MFSL, even in the old days, could also be somewhat inconsistent on the mastering. I'd say DCC was generally more consistent quality-wise.
No ****? I have that, and a full MF Beatles set. Their sonics are suspect, though. - B
I think here we are getting into taste, not quality. MFSL half-speed mastered every album (which takes significantly longer to accomplish), and they were the first to insist upon first generation master tapes as the source. Even major record companies often used inferior dubs for commercial releases, and they still do, even for high res digital. The pressings MFSL insisted upon were still, to this day, the quietest ever. They used a special type of vinyl, which is no longer made today, because it is so toxic to manufacture it requires a forgotten process. By comparison DCC (pressed by RTI) records are noisy, and have less signal to noise ratio. I am not talking about the mastering--I mean the pressing. I don't think DCC was compromising their quality intentionally, though--they were using the best methods available at the time. As to whether the sonics are suspect, this is a matter of taste, not quality. Master tapes come in all shapes and sizes, any many beloved albums were not recorded all that well. Mastering engineers have to apply their art to make the recording sound a way that is deemed "good" (by somebody) on a turntable. I don't think Steve Hoffman or Stan Ricker have ever been people to compromise quality in their work. For my taste, I don't like a lot of the DCC mastering. I think the records sound colored. Distant but pretty. They still have issued some of the best examples of many titles, though. For my taste, I don't like a lot of the MFSL mastering. I think the records sound colored. Too EQed and brittle sounding. I understand the owner of the company (who insisted upon utmost quality) liked that sound. They still have issued some of the best examples of many titles, though. Vox, look on ebay and see what your records are selling for
colgate.gif

cheez80

Reaction score
There's a car made for you. It's called the Prius.

- B

whoa whoa, i'm actually considering a maserati quattroporte duoselect for a daily driver. but i still can't consider ferrari/maserati a "quality" car maker; passionate and emotive perhaps, but not of the highest quality, in the strictest sense.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheez80
whoa whoa, i'm actually considering a maserati quattroporte duoselect for a daily driver. but i still can't consider ferrari/maserati a "quality" car maker; passionate and emotive perhaps, but not of the highest quality, in the strictest sense.

Hah..!

Good call on the Maserati. I'm thinking about a GT...

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
Aero leather, Iron Heart, Vass, Edward Green.

A, I'm curious that you would have both Vass and EG.

I'd have to go Vass over EG by a mile...EG does have a variety that is unmatched, if one counts the last permutations, but do you really think that EG is uncompromising?

And for Aero, is it the entire line?

- B

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AgentQ
Bower & Wilkins

That's a company that knows when to compromise. Their (fantastic) lower end speakers demonstrate this.

Originally Posted by countdemoney
Snap-on tools

Yes.

My nomination goes to De Beers for their unrivaled history of industry custodianship. Your description of Alden reminds me of Talbott: they have their own thing going, and they're sticking to it. If we were allowed to nominate individuals, I would nominate Ludwig Beethoven, Gustav Mahler, Georges Seurat, Frank Lloyd Wright, and... James Heckman.

tlmusic

Reaction score
but do you really think that EG is uncompromising? - B
I think EG is pretty lax in their interest in fitting people, as many posts on this forum will confirm. Most stores that carry them in the US have little education about EG sizing, and I haven't found EG reps to be all that great at fitting shoes, either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads