• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cote de Boeuf

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
It will be a cold day in hell when I call a ribeye a "Cote de Boeuf", make it in a pan and serve it with any kind sauce.

Those in NYC (Roma), please go to Florence Meat on Jones St. for one of the best butchers here and at prices that are just awesome.

For the big hitters like Coho, order from Brian Flannery, he just opened a website and sells what is considered by many to be the best beef in the good ole USA.

Yes sir, Benny knows his meat!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It will be a cold day in hell when I call a ribeye a "Cote de Boeuf", make it in a pan and serve it with any kind sauce.

Originally Posted by Manton
Pan searing has been around for as long as cooking, and a lot of great chefs and great restaurants do it every day. Charcoal is great, but it imparts a different flavor. I would not use a sauce for a charcoal grilled steak, but I am not anti-sauce across the board, to say the least. I don't subscribe to this notion that sauce is only necessary/acceptable for bad meat.

When I think of Ed eating, two images immediately come to mind. The first is him eating spaghetti (eww. i know), and the second is him gnawing at a slab of meat without utensils like some kind of early primate.
laugh.gif

Awesome thread again manton. Btw, what ever made you try mixing chicken stock with brandy to replace beef stock?

Btw, when I run out of real stock and glace, I've found unconcentrated liquid stock with low sodium content that is decent. It goes fast but it's a big step up from using the concentrated stuff and is ok in a pinch.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
When I think of Ed eating, two images immediately come to mind. The first is him eating spaghetti (eww. i know), and the second is him knawing at a slab of meat without utensils like some kind of early primate.
laugh.gif

Awesome thread again manton. Btw, what ever made you try mixing chicken stock with brandy to replace beef stock?

Btw, when I run out of real stock and glace, I've found unconcentrated liquid stock with low sodium content that is decent. It goes fast but it's a big step up from using the concentrated stuff and is ok in a pinch.

A. It's "gnawing"
B. While I am a meat and potatoes man, I can cook with the best of them and have invested a lot of time and resources on learning to cook.
C. I am not a sauce person and have never tasted a beef dish that I thought was improved by sauce.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
C. I am not a sauce person and have never tasted a beef dish that I thought was improved by sauce.

crazy.gif

Beef Bourginon? Braised short ribs? Pot roast?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
del

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
del

Come on, think of some wisecrack to replace this with.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Come on, think of some wisecrack to replace this with.

marchal.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Your cat cannot have my steak.

HappymaN

Reaction score
Some premium Australian beef. Ate these ribeye steaks last week. They look quite glossy because they have been preseasoned and some liquid is being drawn out. I normally dry them with paper towels afterwards (because I am extremely generous with the salt), and then brush them with oil before grilling them. I always pepper after cooking as I find that pepper burns easily and takes on a bitter note.

Will give the pan-searing / roasting a shot next time for comparison.

img1923gg5.jpg

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to get Whole Foods beef in DC. I am not sure if they have the same providers everywhere. Anyway, there were several different grades, one of which was aged. I thought the strip steaks were great. I don't remember ever seeing a bone-in rib steak there. The boneless ribeye was not as good, or at least I did not like it as much. It was sort of flabby.

Also, the aged beef I can get locally now is Prime; the Whole Foods stuff was only Choice. The highest grade of Choice, but still ...

where is this local market with aged beef?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A. It's "gnawing"
B. While I am a meat and potatoes man, I can cook with the best of them and have invested a lot of time and resources on learning to cook.

Sauces are so good. I have an entire book just on sauces. It's not necessarily a case of being improved. Sometimes it's just different, and different can be good. Then again, I like my girly cuts, or whatever it was you called them when I said i enjoyed filet mignon.
laugh.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Sauces are so good. I have an entire book just on sauces. It's not necessarily a case of being improved. Sometimes it's just different, and different can be good. Then again, I like my girly cuts, or whatever it was you called them when I said i enjoyed filet mignon.
laugh.gif

Yes, that is a girly cut.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Yes, that is a girly cut.

I wouldn't expect anyone that was irish to know about good food. Drink? Yes. Food? no.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads