• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ufc 83

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ Agree re: Anderson Silva. Watching him is something else.

As for Serra, I'm not quite convinced he'll fall easily. He's got one win against GSP under his belt, and he's not really got anything to lose here. If he were defending I'd say the pressure would get to him, but once again Serra is fighting from the underdog/contender position. Now if he gets cocky then GSP wins in a hurry but I suspect Serra might be a tad smarter than that.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been talking about this fight a lot with some BJJ /mma buddies of mine.
SOme people believe GSP has a weak chin. Matt has some heavy hands and his BJJ is sick. Point serra.
GSP is a beast and might have been to cocky going into the last fight a mistake he won't make again. GSP is by far the superior srtiker if Serra stand with him and or can't not take him down GSP will win by KO.

The fight is being shown for free at buffalo billards in DC for anyone interested.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
m@t edit - spoilers! Text in white. Watching the PPV on line right now. Mac Danzig was impressive. He choked out a game Bocek in the 3rd round. Bisping looked very good at MW. He owned Mccarthy with some viscious muay thai knees. Mccarthy was covering up but it looked like Bisping broke Mccarthy's forearm with his knees and the fight was called after the 1st round. Right now is Starnes vs. Quarry. Starnes is just running away from Quarry the whole fight. Unless Starnes does something miraclous in the next min or so, Quarry whould pull out a UD....very boring fight but not b/c of Quarry. Starnes just seems scared.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
m@t edit - spoilers!! Text in white. Lutter caought Frnaklin in a arm bar in the 1st. Had the arm stretched out. Looked like Franklin was about to tap and then he amazingly rolled out of it. In the 2nd it was all franklin. Lutter was utterly gassed and Franklin had his way with him. Franklin wins via TKO.

trueforest

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
He trains wrestling with the Canadian Olympic team, and they said he's easily on par with them in terms of skill, and personally I don't even think his wrestling is the best part of his game.

Although I vouched for GSP, I don't think his wrestling is "easily on par" with the Canadian team's in terms of skill. Just isn't true. If it was, don't you think he would've tried out for the Olympics?

After all, easily on par means his skill level would be good enough so that extra training is not required.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ok some of you are watching, and some of us have to wait and download.

Please if you are going to do the blow by blow thing, write in white so it doesnt spoil it for the others.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Well I guess we all know what happened now.

Personally I thought that the stoppage was a little premature. No doubt he was getting his ass kicked, but I dont think he had reached the point of 'unable to sensibly defend himself' when Yves Lavigne stepped in. Both guys were very sportsmanlike post fight, which is always nice to see.

Anyhow, it pretty much went as scripted for UFC in Canada and for the main event, so be it.

So now...wash up fights-I-wanna-see.

Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin
Rich Franklin vs Michael Bisping
Matt Serra vs Matt Hughes has to finally happen

and some weightswitching required for this one...but GSP vs Anderson Silva to settle the best P4P issue.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
and some weightswitching required for this one...but GSP vs Anderson Silva to settle the best P4P issue.

I don't think that GSP is quite as dominant as Anderson Silva is right now in the middleweight category. Most importantly, Anderson Silva's striking skills are at a different level then GSP's. GSP's strategy in the Serra fight was very sound, but also showed that he "could" get tagged. Serra is a natural lightweight, and he got lucky with GSP. Anderson Silva took out Franklin with relative ease.

I'd like to see Anderson Silva vs. Rampage Jackson. That would really be something. Both have great power on their feet, and both have very solid ground skills. And both have fights against Hendo as gauges of their relative abilities, I think that this could really be an awesome fight.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3/10. Very weak card. The outcome of the main event was predictable, and several fighters (Starnes, McCarthy, Lutter after the first round) didn't come to fight.

I don't think a Silva-GSP fight would be as competitive as a lot of people think. Silva is bigger, a much better striker, and better at submissions. The only way GSP wins this fight is five rounds of lay and pray. I would really like to see a rematch between GSP and B.J. Penn, and predict that this superfight will take place at the NYE show.

On a side note, the bar where I watched the UFC PPV (Buffalo Billiards) was also showing the Calzaghe-Hopkins boxing match. There were three to four times as many TVs tuned into UFC, which shows the direction both sports are moving.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I would really like to see a rematch between GSP and B.J. Penn, and predict that this superfight will take place at the NYE show.

First ** Penn has to get through Sean "The Steroid Freak" Sherk....

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you all have a link to the fight? I can't seem to find one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads