• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
^^^Spoo, much better.

+1
smile.gif

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
^ I actually thought my fit today would get more praise than criticism. I have a lot to learn, I guess.

I thought it was a great fit except for the PS. Too matchy with shirt...plain white better IMO.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Mind you, this fit below from last month was met with heaps of praise, with the same jacket, similar shirt, and patterned pants. Forget the shoes from today if you can.
smile.gif

the same base elements (suit, jacket, pants) can get praise or get criticized if the wrong accessories are chosen with them. with that other fit that was rightly praised, the pocket square and tie served as the anchor of the whole fit. the pants and jacket were your basic security guard variation with a twist, and your choice of shoes tied in perfectly, especially the color and texture of the suede.

that fit would be embarrassed to be associated with today's earlier number ... lol. the cardigan and p/s were the biggest culprits.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Also you have on a jacket and a sweater and then no socks. This seems to be cold up top, warm down below, it just does not jibe. I think if the tie had been closer to a solid and either you wore socks with the loafers, or different shoes...it would have been much better.

Mike

couldnt have said this second part better.

Originally Posted by barims
I tend to find big bows more elegant when they're butterflies, not bats

+1

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acrid, the bow is fine for me, but I'd pair one that size with a jacket that has wider lapels...or wear a smaller bow
smile.gif

Sorry for not using multiquote.

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
much better, i didnt hate the shoes that much though
Same here. I thought the shoes were great ...even sans socks. Only thing that threw me off was that cardigan.
qpsdch.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I agree, it looks much better now too. I guess that whole take one thing off in the morning thing is true
wink.gif
And I really, REALLY love my new shoes. Will be making plenty of appearances here this summer.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take 2:

Mind you, this fit below from last month was met with heaps of praise, with the same jacket, similar shirt, and patterned pants. Forget the shoes from today if you can.
smile.gif

9b44fc6d.jpg

Great pattern on those trousers

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Mike - you have significantly upped your suit game ... leaving your shoe game in the dust. Thats an area to probably work on.

+1 - Mike's suits have been very nice lately, and while I like the Vintage Wright's etc., the shoe game could use some work.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
this is great ndw. color coordination is clean and fits well ... adding a white p/s woulda made it perfect.

^Thx, man.

c03049f4.jpg

^These shoes are the fire. REst of the combo has been commented on. By the way, I have the same cardigan (uniqlo?) and it never gets any love.
laugh.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
Brown-in-town, post-meet-up sleepy-steez...
20110316-1.jpg

Great outfit. Post moar.
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
What are your thoughts on the grey vest with the jeans and blazer? Does it look a little "Morning suit" on the top?
Needs narrower jeans & narrower tie. Possibly a lighter cardigan? As is, a little rough around the edges.
Originally Posted by barims
I tend to find big bows more elegant when they're butterflies, not bats
Do you have a source for a bow tie that is a little larger than average in terms of height, but not wide? I like the idea of floppy bow ties, but all the ones I find are either too big all around or too "stiff".
Take 2
MUCH better. The cardigan was really throwing things off, esp. with the sockless loafers. I would still save those (very cool) loafers for a different look though. They're going to be great in summer with light tan trousers, for instance. I like the trousers by the way... I have something in the pipeline that's vaguely along that theme that I think will divide the audience...
devil.gif
Was thinking about using today's pic for the challenge tomorrow, as I quite like how it's turned out, but I'm probably more to be found in suits so I figure I'll wear that tomorrow instead. So today:
0Mfyl.jpg
Without realising it was St Patrick's, I see I picked out a dark green tie. I have zero connection to Ireland so never really got into the whole green for St Paddy's Day thing. But my unconscious mind moves in mysterious ways...
laugh.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

I would still save those (very cool) loafers for a different look though. They're going to be great in summer with light tan trousers, for instance.

I agree. However with today, I was going for this :

tom_ford_3.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. However with today, I was going for this :

tom_ford_3.jpg

Muddy alligator loafers and dirty hems makes me
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.