• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Try going with the this:
SWH_Biker_scout_trooper_02.jpg

fistbump.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because even leprechauns need security guards...
and because my students pinch me if I don't wear green...

Closeup-77.jpg

^ Notice how my amazing photographic skills allow me to make my lovely mint green shirt blend seamlessly into the beige walls in the background.

Leaning-26.jpg
Feet-33.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Any excuse to have a parade, get drunk and throw **** at people. That is New Orleans. Mike

Are you sure that you're with the NOLA Chamber of Commerce?
devil.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Because even leprechauns need security guards...
and because my students pinch me if I don't wear green...

Closeup-77.jpg

^ Notice how my amazing photographic skills allow me to make my lovely mint green shirt blend seamlessly into the beige walls in the background.

Leaning-26.jpg
Feet-33.jpg

cheers.gif
on shoes.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I agree. However with today, I was going for this :
tom_ford_3.jpg

Yeah, but even this dude is wearing socks.
tongue.gif
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Do you see how the helmet is pushing down my collar? How do other people deal with this?
Wear Thom Browne:
il_570xN.193931433.jpg
IMO, is crying out for a square with those or slightly more muted colours but in an abstract or pictorial design that has a much higher percentage of white, and much less orange. Perhaps some dark gold in it too; like one of those Versace baroque pattern squares.
Originally Posted by ManofKent
BTW - what is tomorrow's challenge?
I think it's wearing whatever is your own style, to the best of your ability (which is really what we should be doing all the time, but I suppose it should be construed a day of refining technique rather than experimentation).
Originally Posted by barims
2uykefk.jpg

Not feeling this. Normally I like your exuberant and unexpected contrasts, and I think I see what you're going for here, but it's not quite syncing up for me. The silhouette is fighting the colours and vice versa. Instead of an unexpected one-two punch, it's trying to throw both fists at the same time.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leaning-26.jpg
Feet-33.jpg

gotta ask, are the socks from target?

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it.
Thanks.

The subdued palette of your fits requires better photography, Ob5cur1ty. It's hard to get a feel for the subtleties of what you're doing (which I suspect are pretty nice). Outdoor pics, maybe?
Thank you - and you're quite right of course. Outdoor pics are unlikely (unless I take to the balcony in the mornings) though as we head towards summer the light (and thus pics) will get better...

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
What are your thoughts on the grey vest with the jeans and blazer? Does it look a little "Morning suit" on the top?

I also apologise for the terrible photo - my first go with a self timer!

2md0kk.jpg

Ties with jeans rarely look good. If you've got very dressy perfect fitting dark jeans you can just about get away with it, with a relatively casual top half, but even if the jeanss were more dressy, the top half is just too close to formal dress for it to work.
If you must mix ties with jeans go for a wool or knit tie.

MoK got most of it, but I'll go a little further - and this is meant to be constructive:

This is a car crash. The top half is pure business dress, except your collar is undone - which generally looks awful with a tie, irrespective of context. The jeans are incongruous and bad on their own - they're baggy and it appears they have been hemmed without preserving the seam at the bottom.

The shoes match the top half - meaning (perhaps ironically) that if you'd simply substituted matching trousers for the jeans and done your collar up, this would have been quite a successful MC fit.

DrunkDay3.JPG

Lovely shoes and generally nice fit, but:

Something I have often noticed about your fits - your suit trousers are not particularly slim-cut, yet you have the trousers cut really short. I've seen this less-than-no-break style look OK on very slim-cut suit trousers (a colleague of mine sports it and gets away with it) but in your case I can't help feeling a modicum of break would be a huge improvement.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Wear Thom Browne:

il_570xN.193931433.jpg

IMO, is crying out for a square with those or slightly more muted colours but in an abstract or pictorial design that has a much higher percentage of white, and much less orange. Perhaps some dark gold in it too; like one of those Versace baroque pattern squares.

I definitely do not have a Thom Browne physique. As for the square, I like it, but I can't really defend it. It used to be one of my favorites, but I think it may be a bit too strong against a darker jacket. My taste in squares has definitely evolved to favor patterns over solids.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
I really love those shoes. It's time for me to add some suede to my closet.

+1. Still waiting for mine.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
cheers.gif
on shoes.

Thanks, ace. Hugo Boss. They get very little love here, but I really like them.

Originally Posted by in stitches
gotta ask, are the socks from target?
Why, do you see little red bulls-eyes on them?
confused.gif
They're Polo RL, from Bloomies, I believe.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, ace. Hugo Boss. They get very little love here, but I really like them.

I know, I have the same pair. I like them too!

spoozy

Reaction score

I understand the direction you´re heading for, seems like a reasonable proposal. Next time, then
wink.gif

Well, haters gonna hate. My only suggestion: replace the tie with something plain (like a plain blue woolen one) and burn those shoes, and that fit is killer.
As someone said before: upper half is calling for winter, down half is screaming summer.

Originally Posted by PandArts

Nice tie!

Originally Posted by barims

Clearly got me here
wink.gif

Yeah, MoK suggested a deeper v-neck, too, which is totally accurate. Still i think the depth of the sweater is working. The palette has been on my mind for quite some time, glad you approve of it
smile.gif

Simple, elegant, yet with details springing to the eye. Well done!

Borderline Spoo, ha?
smile.gif

Must have left some footprints in here when guys are naming style quirks after me
smile.gif

+1, MoK has it all right.

Da truth, Spoomeister.
biggrin.gif
. Pretty surprised you´re wearing H&M. Didn´t they offer you to buy the place when you entered the shop??
biggrin.gif

As much as i love the tie, i despise the combo with the ps. Just not feeling it here...a white one would have been a good choice.

So, as Spoo put it: i´m the only one entitled to wear a cardigan beneath a jacket...

5535297276_ea94f0e93f_z.jpg
5535298064_e83a509eb8_z.jpg
5535278492_2aaa413231_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads