• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes: Your most complimented pair of shoes (that youre not afraid to wear regularly)

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
It's called a chest.
If you ever want a man's body, PM me.

I can teach you everything in 1 email,
provided you're not low IQ,
and have an attention span of about 2 hours to absorb the supplemental reading.

Actually, scratch that.

Where do I sign up?!?!
drool.gif

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a fascinating thread.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pengranger
I don't know why, but I always get compliments when i'm wearing these - JLP Marston
Pen, I'd say it's the color. The walnut is just so much more noticeable than brown, black, and even maroon/oxblood. This will be my next color, ideally in a wingtip. Oh, and I have high ****, in case you were wondering.

HPress

Reaction score
Pen, I'd say it's the color.
The walnut is just so much more noticeable than brown, black, and even maroon/oxblood.
This will be my next color, ideally in a wingtip.
Oh, and I have high ****, in case you were wondering.

Is this the man's body with the **** in question? Delish.

rszqkz.jpg

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just for the record the boots are indeed Cheaney FS029's and are available as a factory order. Just pop a call to the factory and get in on the next production run. They are as stated £150 a pair. Best 150 ive ever spent (on shoes that is) Stacey was the other
redface.gif

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Hey, what are some distinctive shoes you guys have?"

Not necessarily what you like, but what consistently gets noticed by others.

There's the one noticeable pattern I see with your posts, you seem overwhelmingly concerned with how others perceive you. In the OP, you didn't state, "what are some distinctive shoes you guys have," you specifically state, "Not necessarily what you like, but what consistently gets noticed by others."

Perhaps it's an age thing. When I was 16, I felt the same way. By the time I hit 30, it was much less important. Today at 40, I buy items that I like. I know full well that unless I bump into an SF or AAAC member, nobody will notice my shoes, watch or suit.

They do notice my ties, however.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look, if you want to wear a tuxedo to bed, b/c it's for YOU, then good for you. I wear Ts/sweats at home, and dress up when there are other people present. Sense another pattern, Sigmund? I asked a simple question. I am interested in replies to my question, not your armchair psychology. Also, if you must know, I deliberately phrased my question in that way, and not the way you suggested. Think and you'll get it.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kev777
Just for the record the boots are indeed Cheaney FS029's and are available as a factory order. Just pop a call to the factory and get in on the next production run. They are as stated £150 a pair. Best 150 ive ever spent (on shoes that is) Stacey was the other
redface.gif

The only problem was the steep shipping price
frown.gif

On the flip side, I received my boots pretty much overnight!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what consistently gets noticed by others.

Let's see pics.

Noticed? It would have to be these hands down. I get stopped in stores or on the street, usually by couples, asking where can they get them. They are made by Bontoni and I bought them at a Wilkes Bashford trunk show. During trunk shows you can select any finish and they will do tweaks to the fit at no extra charge. They have a beautiful range of colors and finishes as well as more traditional style.

bontoni.jpg

zerostyle

Reaction score
Reevolving makes a very good point.

At StyleForum, the general consensus seems to be "I don't care what others think, I buy what I like."

In my opinion, this is pretty stupid, because I would argue that the main purpose of dressing sharp is to have others see you in a more positive light.

For most, that means attention and compliments from women. For others, it's looking professional in a workplace.

I understand that everyone has their own unique style and doesn't want to be influenced by others, but OP's question is a very valid and PRACTICAL one.

I personally care a hell of a lot more what women my age think looks good and will compliment me on than what a 50 year old man from StyleForum thinks.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I suspected, an overwhelmingly clear pattern is emerging: Brogue.

It is very noticeable, probably b/c few guys wear them anymore.
Normal people consider them very dressy, contrary to their traditionally "dressed down" classification.

The other differentiator is color.
Walnut seems to be up there.

"Normal" people probably don't know what's dressy nowadays. Brogues are often seen on better dressed older folks hence their "dressy" connotation.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
At StyleForum, the general consensus seems to be "I don't care what others think, I buy what I like."
Huh really?

For most, that means attention and compliments from women. For others, it's looking professional in a workplace.
Sums up why we dress up.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member