• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
How much is that julius puffer jacket? I saw one that looked cool like a year ago and wanted it. Might splurge

Someone on SuFu is selling the Attachment puffer jacket. Not sure what size you wear but it's a Sz 2.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
This gets me thinking, what if we had themed fit competitions?

Examples:

Best work wear fit
Best dark / goth ninja
Best business casual
Best fit involving shorts
Best cheap fit (< $100)
Best baler fit (> $1000)
etc.

Also I continue to really like the idea of having multiple audiences vote on the fits. For example, in the recent sw&d competition I bet the MC guys would not have voted for snake (although I did).

that's what I said we should do last time because there's way too many different styles in here to really pick something you like best, or you're a person so set in one style you'd only pick that style to begin with

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what are those thingies called that you put on your shoe when it's raining. galoshes?

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
They're pretty much a costume design company at this point. That orange moto is so amazingly badass though, too bad it's 100% polyurethane in the body, don't see why they couldn't use the 80-20 wool-nylon blend in the other coat

Maybe the laser cutting has something to do with that? The motos do look kind of cool...

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
This gets me thinking, what if we had themed fit competitions?

Examples:

Best work wear fit
Best dark / goth ninja
Best business casual
Best fit involving shorts
Best cheap fit (< $100)
Best baler fit (> $1000)
etc.

All for it.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's a good idea, I'm down. Hopefully it'll being some new contributors out of the woodwork.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Found some old apc catalogs they used to send me lol.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ima flipem to mellowfellow.

I think this MC SW contest is pointless, they're ultimately a bunch of suits (read dorks who got beat up in middle school or can't get laid) who don't have a creative bone in their igent anatomy.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think some of them dress well

Mostly not really

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Flossin 40 posts a page now.

Perhaps I will be able to view more than 2 mc fits after all the requotes.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Ima flipem to mellowfellow. I think this MC SW contest is pointless, they're ultimately a bunch of suits (read dorks who got beat up in middle school or can't get laid) who don't have a creative bone in their igent anatomy.
Really, looking good in a suit compared to looking good dressing casually is easier by order of magnitudes. Wearing a suit and looking good is even easier than putting together one single decent casual outfit. Even for a casual outfit, all you need is to find one nice silhouette, one combo of top and bottom, one matching pair of shoes, and you'll have one decent outfit. . But with a suit, you don't even need to worry about matching dick, it's like buying a Lego set with everything but the little Lego guys put together. Steezing in a suit is like bowling with the ******* marsupial-rails down, step your games up big daddies.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ And yet they still manage to mess it up pretty often.

I'd like to see their reaction to the suits young professionals wear in places like Japan or Europe. Everything would be &quot;wrong&quot; according to their narrow rules -- black (gasp), pants too tight, jacket too short, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members