• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
No, I understand that you don't like it. And, if you don't like it once, it's reasonable not to like it thrice.

What I am trying to point out is that "popularity," or replication, is not an intrinsic evil. Rules of dress, such that exist or such as continue to inform or structure choice, are similar in spirit. So, too, is emulating or building off the styles of men whose mode of dressing you admire.

- B

Careful, your talons are showing.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I can't wear a teacup carnation any more? WTF??

I am going to start my own threak, WCBDAYWRN.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
i feel pretty lost now. is this a serious statement?

just because you don't like him doesn't make him useless, he does make useful contributions and I agree with him on his points. But let's not turn this into foo attack again.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
just because you don't like him doesn't make him useless, he does make useful contributions and I agree with him on his points. But let's not turn this into foo attack again.

I agree. I'm not so sure how much "like" has to do with it. Can you really judge a person based on an internet fora? I understand his sartorial philosophy, and even though I don't agree with it, i respect it, cause he looks damn good in his clothes (maybe irl the cuffs on such a short guy may be too much, but I've never seen him irl). I take the advice from people on here with their own stylistic preferences in mind.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
I do only receive pms asking if I am serious/have been drinking.

To be fair, your intelligibility is inversely proportional to your sobriety.

Fortunately, you are intellible most of the time.

- B

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Why did you post this?

i could try and explain why ... but you are too stupid and self-centered to understand.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Sometime, I'd like to see you wearing this coat paired with a solid light blue shirt.

Originally Posted by spoozy
Dawg, this is kickin ass. Love the design of the jacket, not the biggest fan of the shirt, though. A white one would have better in my opinion.

i think the consensus for the most part is that the green shirt was a miss. so far suggestions have been light blue and pink. i will try both (maybe not till S/S 11) but i will try those as suggested in due time.

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I'm pretty much the same jerk IRL I am here.

Pretty much.

God bless your heart.

Btw - i was surprised to see a man called Doc Holliday - Marshalls Head Coach - on TV yesterday. Threw me for a loop. I don't reckon you are related to him ... lol.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I like the flower. Its concentration online in one forvm is surely not replicated in real life, in which it can be a small affectation that is charming with the right personality...like, oh, unbuttoned BDs with neckties.

I would agree that a room full of such flowers would be a bit Stepford Wives. That ain't gonna happen, though, except perhaps in one of those SF meet ups that I keep missing.

- B

Originally Posted by foo roops
musicboohoo[1].gif

Some people are just too precious. Certain affectations are OK but others are not and only certain people can wear certain things.

MensEx was showing these flowers like 2 years ago. Not sure why it's OK for someone to sell it but not OK for someone on the forum. Wear whatever you like and stop worrying about what other people on SF are wearing.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I am still waiting for my fake flower from Will. Damnit!!!!!

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who asked about the "murse" Its by Brooks Brothers - Made in England. Don't know who makes their bags ... but i had been eyeing it for a long while and it finally came on sale last week and i snagged it. A few more pics ...
2ed52ae8.jpg

7c2f9bcd.jpg
d376a5bd.jpg

1bad46b4.jpg
f9830fe8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngayogyakarta