• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Cliches - Which Ones Do You Really Dislike?

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I have nothing against marsupialed people. In fact, I'm that guy that tells people not to make marsupialed people jokes in front of me. I think it's appalling.

However, death row, and prisons in general, are chock full of marsupials.

LOL, It's good to know we have someone standing up for all the marsupials out there.

My thing is when an expert hacker, driver or whatever kind of talent will be brought in and the character working with them/against them will say, to no one in particular, "This guy is good" as they watch them work.

Verno Inferno

Reaction score
Originally Posted by v0rtex
As I read this thread I kept thinking about the film that would result if you tried to make a film containing every single one of these cliches... awesome, terrible, or so terrible it becomes awesome?

I think it would just be a Jerry Bruckheimer movie.

runner-guy

Reaction score
1. Shooting at a car to make it explode. Can't happen. 2. Cool guys walking away from something exploding in the background:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psyren
"Hackers" in movies that just randomly tap the keyboard without ever using the mouse.

This is actually pretty close to being right...what use is a mouse when every tool you use is command line based or has an ncurses interface? only script kiddies have big fancy impressive GUI interfaces to hacking tools--real hackers just ./tool -option3 since they don't need gigantic semitransparent buttons remind them that options 1 and 2 also exist.

Originally Posted by willpower
Totally hot chick is a Nuclear scientist

I actually prefer this one.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh I forgot my favorite. time travelling and staying at the same place. the earth moves you know? and everything else in the universe too, so you will never ever be at the same place again through the whole time ..

Mauby

Reaction score
The victim and/or witness is taken to the police station after a violent crime. The detective brings the 5-inch thick book of suspects' pictures. On the third page the witness points & explains "That's the guy!"

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
also the hot rookie with a loose cannon attitude that consistently gets pwned by the antagonistic older team mates and is only sticking around because of the fatherly coach who gives him a pep talk, and he makes the win and the team players welcome him and tell him he's alright.

legit

Reaction score
I have a huge problem with the good guy always winning.

Other than a small few--Arlington Road comes to mind--it never lets the bad guy get away with it.

More recently, Law Abiding Citizen pissed me off. The line of who was good or bad wasn't even clear. The ending was horrible, Jamie Foxx should have been the dead one.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when the 2 leads are making fornication, at least one of them is always alive. i hate that ****.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
when a family sits at a kitchen table all holding handing hands playing thumb wrestling to show that they are NOW not dysfunctional anymore, then all of a sudden one of them gets a call from the secret government operative for an assignment and then his smile from playing the game, quickly turns into a serious frown.

and he's got like huge muscles.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Every time someone comes back from buying groceries they a loaf of italian bread and a stalk of celery sticking out of the top of the bag.

When someone's talking on the phone and they're amazed/shocked by what the person on the other end of the line says, they pull the phone away from their ear and stare at it. Or they hold it front of their face and yell into it.

I didn't bother reading more than the first couple pages of this thread, so my apologies if either of these have been mentioned.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf
Every time someone comes back from buying groceries they a loaf of italian bread and a stalk of celery sticking out of the top of the bag.

yeah this one is always like this. and it is always a brown traditional paper bag.

they never use plastic bags in the movies like we do. it would be the first if i see a guy in the movie hold several plastic bags of groceries in each hand going home

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
yeah this one is always like this. and it is always a brown traditional paper bag.

they never use plastic bags in the movies like we do. it would be the first if i see a guy in the movie hold several plastic bags of groceries in each hand going home

They are trying to push a green agenda?

I always try to get paper...they look way more classy (and I use them in my trash can...) while a bunch of double bagged sacks of plastic are pretty fugly

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8