• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

baba booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Please either contribute something constructive or leave my thread. Thank you.
Ok, that Sutherland trench you got from the clearance/distribution center or whatever for like 50 cents fit me like ****. I returned the thing, worst fitting piece yet from J. Robert.

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
You late-comers are getting the second-runs. Not much you can do about it except don't be so slow on the uptake next time.
Hey look. It's another idiot that thought it was a good idea get into a bar room brawl while wearing the red chambray. (sarcasm) However, I don't think I have a "second-run". I purchased mine in store over a month and a half ago (still have the receipt). Either way, I kept mine. Like a few others have said, nothing a bit of thread and and a needle cant fix.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CEE88
True -- and you won't know for sure until you see it in person. But it sure seems to have everything going for it. The color is perhaps in the tradition of Clarks desert boots (but with a red sole) .... ?

Here's a Quoddy chukka that's similar, in a color that (I think) is close to the Yuketen I posted earlier: http://www.southwillard.com/collecti...e-chukka-boot/
Note, this color combo seems to be inspired by traditional dirty bucks.
Appears to be virtually out of stock now, but perhaps worth pursing. And South Willard is a great store to do business with (I've gotten two pairs of Quoddys from them).

It's one of the three standard color variations Quoddy offers on that style and Steven Alan in NYC is carrying the same sand suede that J.Crew is. They definitely look to be the same tone as the sand DBs to me too, that's why I'm trying to decide if it is a colorway I can pull off with my wardrobe.

The ones variation from South Willard are money and more the colorway I'm drawn too. I actually purchased the yellow boat shoes from them last week and other things from them in the past and agree they're a great store. It's that "dirty buck" look that I like about that colorway more.

seany

Reaction score
I never had ANY of my J.Crew stuff fall apart, cept my first J.Crew shirt I ever ordered online.

Gingham shirt, button fell off after about two months of wear. I was kind of upset, but a needle/thread is all I needed.

I own around 10 J.Crew shirts, blazer, jacket(s), pants etc. Nothing other then that one time.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilbananas
No nantucket red urban slim fit pants
frown.gif

Why didn't you buy one last year? IIRC they even went on sale.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilbananas
^They went down to $29.99 last summer, but I didn't think they would go with anything I owned so I never bought the. I've been regretting it ever since.

FWIW the lightweight chinos which sold out last September/October popped back up in the sale section 2 weeks ago. They had a variety of sizes.
Maybe they will come back.
smile.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by baba booey
Ok, that Sutherland trench you got from the clearance/distribution center or whatever for like 50 cents fit me like ****. I returned the thing, worst fitting piece yet from J. Robert.

That's too bad. I know it's not the slimmest fitting trench in the world. I've heard others complain about the fit too. It seems to work for me though.

baba booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeerBaron
Weird because the fit looked perfect on the web site, especially in the sleeves:

jcrownedpd0.jpg

Ha! I have seen that pic before. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that on some of the pant legs as well.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeerBaron
Weird because the fit looked perfect on the web site, especially in the sleeves:

jcrownedpd0.jpg

I wonder if this could be used in a lawsuit for false advertising. I know EVERYONE does this, but aren't they lying when they show you the picture of a garment you are buying that is radically different than what they are selling?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by baba booey
Ha! I have seen that pic before. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that on some of the pant legs as well.

You can be sure they did some of that on the pant leg, too! They do it everywhere.

Actually, that is one of my peeves about J Crew. Besides pinning, they also always have the clothes worn in some way that masks the fit - rolling sleeves, half-tucking shirts, popping collars. I want to see what the thing looks like being worn normally. I suppose a lot of people mimic those styles when wearing, but not for me.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cross22
I wonder if this could be used in a lawsuit for false advertising. I know EVERYONE does this, but aren't they lying when they show you the picture of a garment you are buying that is radically different than what they are selling?

It it were final sale, I would be really pissed. I guess I'd be angry if I had to pay for shipping on normal merchandise, too. But, yes, everyone does it.

wrenhunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
You can be sure they did some of that on the pant leg, too! They do it everywhere.

Actually, that is one of my peeves about J Crew. Besides pinning, they also always have the clothes worn in some way that masks the fit - rolling sleeves, half-tucking shirts, popping collars. I want to see what the thing looks like being worn normally. I suppose a lot of people mimic those styles when wearing, but not for me.

Hmm, if only there were a way to see these clothes in person, say at a series of regional distribution areas. Perhaps private dressing chambers could be outfitted with mirrors?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SanDiegoMD