• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best dressed US president?

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best dressed pol right now is Willie Brown (ex SF mayor). One of the blogs has an interview with him (read it recently).

J. Edgar Hoover was supposed to be a dandy.

We need a pictorial index of presidents to make this call; from Vox's pictures, it is definitely Kennedy.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regan looked good in his clothes, but I clearly am not a fan of the Windsor knot, or all the brown suits. I think since Kennedy it might just be George H.W. Bush.
GHWB%20inauguration2.jpg

167098092_544a236392.jpg

george-bush-sr.jpg

President_Ronald_Reagan_and_Vice_President_George_Herbert_Walker_Bush.jpg

The last one knocks Regan right out.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chester Arthur and Herbert Hoover. Both were dashing gentlemen presidents by all accounts. FDR came close though.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rgoldstein
George W was surprising sharp. He wore Oxxford after he took office, i think.
ed-lettersmain11_0498766342.jpg

He had the same trad cred as his father, but sometimes the mix with the Texas/western bit just seemed off. I am thinking of belts and boots in general.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rgoldstein
George W was surprising sharp. He wore Oxxford after he took office, i think.
The camera was on him and Laura tonight during the Dallas/Philly playoff game. He was in sport coat, sweater vest, and sport shirt. I thought he was dressed well for a sporting event.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
77699_michael-douglas-in-the-american-president.jpg

michael douglas american president. It counts.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
77699_michael-douglas-in-the-american-president.jpg
michael douglas american president. It counts.

Michael Douglas, when he's not dressed by Flusser, actually looks terrible in his private life. I used to live in Burbank and I see the guy on the streets from time to time. If the sartorialist lives in SoCal, I think Wallstreet fans would be very disappointed. His father, the late actor, is a much better dresser and actor.

DavidinGray

Reaction score
taft2.jpg

Note the shoulders, free of divots. The lapel roll is simply sublime, and ah! Now that is a tie dimple worthy of a US president.

To those that say that they're too self-conscious to wear clothing that fits, I offer my humble counterpoint.

DIG

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members