• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most drinkable cheap booze in your opinion?

jmolt

Reaction score
Cannot drink anything cheaper than this. My freshman year of college I would go through two 1.75 liters of Kentucky Deluxe plus probably a case of keystone, cannot drink this stuff anymore without throwing up. This is generally what I drink because it is still cheap to me and I'm still in college.
Seagrams Vodka $20-20
Rebel Yell $25
Gorgons Gin $20
All 1.75 Liters

Cheapest beer:
PBR, Miller High Life

JoyDiffusion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
rums tend to drink very well in the 10-20 dollar range. Rum is a peasants spirit
Peasants ftw! Actually, while fcuknu is obviously a fan, I think that dollar-for-dollar, Havana Club is one of the best spirits you can buy (when you're outside of the states). £15 for a fifth is a great deal. I love sipping it with ice, or occasionally neat. After a few sips it starts to taste like sugar -- not the case with other rums in that price-range. When I was in Africa, I tried Waragi Gin, from Uganda. It was quite a surprise -- you can get Gordon's over there, but Waragi is dirt cheap -- maybe $3 for a pint, in a club or bar (this includes 1 bottle of tonic/soda -- you order it, and they just give you the whole pint of liquor, a bottle of soda, and a glass of ice). One of the cleanest gins I've had -- not a single hangover in several weeks of hard drinking there for me.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This seems appropriate. Interesting site too.
gin.jpg

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i am pretty sure bartok [sp?] vodka, or whatever convenience/grocery/neighborhood liquor stores sell for cheap, like what 6 bucks a liter. mix it was can Orange Juice and you're alright.

i hate vodka, but its drinkable and cheap.

eclipse75

Reaction score
i had drank scotch there for a few months on in a bit back. i had johny walker or however you spell it and i've had the cheapest. i like scoresby quite a bit for being a cheap brew. for beer, i'm for budweiser or bud light. note though, guinness or murphy's on tap is the greatest brew known to man. also, as far as rum, i didn't drink captain morgan for entirely too long, i cut my budget down to admiral nelson. i went through 2 of those 1.75L bottles in 2 weeks by myself. the vanilla flavor will definitely get nasty. the vanilla is over the top in my opinion.

kruze

Reaction score
For vodka, cheapest drinkable would be Svedka.
For beer: Miller Light
For Rum: Admiral Nelson [I am not a rum guy and for me it's the same as Cap. I rarely drink it so I don't care]

For Gin: Tanqueray

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno if this qualifies but I love SoCo. Way better than crown in my opinion.

I really dont see how ppl can drink Natty Light (its basically water). I like zigenbock's its kinda like a off brand of Shiner Bocks. Plus they have $1 Zigenbocks all day everyday and the local pub
smile.gif

uiriamu

Reaction score
Approx Price for a fifth

Vodka - Svedka 14, Tito's Handmade 20 (best period) [don't ever buy Grey Goose or Belvedere]
Rye Whiskey - Old Overholt 13
Rum - Flor De Cana Gold 14 (much better than Bacardi)
Gin - Gordons 8 (tonics only, at least it tastes like gin, unlike New Amsterdam ****), otherwise buy premium
Tequila - El Jimador 25 (cheapest 100% agave, everything else is tequila-flavored rum)

Beer - Good ole Budweiser in a bottle

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffC
Gvori vodka. $25 for 1.75L

+1. Bought a handle of this for a party a few weeks back. Surprised me. Bought it at the suggestion of a guy working at this Liquor Store on the HIll.

innuendo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
On a serious note, Bud Light for beer...

*shiver*! I don't see how this part can be taken serious. No offense intended, I know it already is one of the better ones over there =).

I can highly recommend any white wine (only dry) from the region of Pillnitz in Germany for a warm summer evening. Usually a decent bottle can be found for under 20euros.

drivel

Reaction score
This stuff is great, I hear it's hard to find outside of KY though. Ancient Ancient Age 10 Year, not to be confused with the 10 star. It's like $15 a bottle. From Buffalo Trace distillery.
ancient-ancient-age-200.jpg
For $10 more, Evan Williams Single Barrel is really nice.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
So I am sitting here drinking an $18 bottle of Rittenhouse 100 Rye again, and to be honest, I love it as much as I like some of the other whiskeys almost twice its price. Good ****. What's your favorite cheapie bottle that you can sip and enjoy and never feel like you're settling for crap?
$18 a bottle cheap? Hell, $18 a handle is expensive for me.
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I don't drink much in the cheap booze category, but I guess if I was forced, it'd be George Dickel No. 8 or Old Forrester.
In all seriousness, you prefer the Dickel No. 8 over 12? I always thought the 8 tasted a little younger.
Originally Posted by drivel
This stuff is great, I hear it's hard to find outside of KY though. Ancient Ancient Age 10 Year, not to be confused with the 10 star.
Actually a very decent whiskey. While it definitely tastes younger and has some heat, the 10 Star is not great, but is very good for the price. Had some of the 10 Year in Louisville while visiting a (now) crazy ***** ex's family.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
So I am sitting here drinking an $18 bottle of Rittenhouse 100 Rye again, and to be honest, I love it as much as I like some of the other whiskeys almost twice its price. Good ****.

What's your favorite cheapie bottle that you can sip and enjoy and never feel like you're settling for crap?

Wine from Trader Joe's...
smile.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uiriamu
Approx Price for a fifth

Vodka - Svedka 14, Tito's Handmade 20 (best period) [don't ever buy Grey Goose or Belvedere]

Bought some Tito's per your suggestion. Good tasting stuff. Something in it makes me slur my speech and walk wobbly.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member