• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best video game console? anything new coming in the next year or so?

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
What is the difference? I dont get how one game can look great on one system and then like **** on the other... from what I have been reading it looks like the majority of games that are for both systems are made with xbox360 in mind then ported (I have no clue what that means) to the PS3.
Most games developed by larger game/software companies (EA/Eidos/Atari/Epic/Rockstar/Pandemic) are developed on 360 first and "ported" (basically reworked to run on a different console's hardware) to PS3 because it's cheaper and quicker to develop games on 360 hardware (Cell processors are pricey and much more complex than the Xenon CPUs in the 360) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_microprocessor Also, when games are developed for 360 they're intended to use the 9GB data capacity of dual-layer DVDs that the 360 uses. My guess is also that development companies don't want to piss off Microsoft or Sony by spending more time on one system's version of the game than the other.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well after hearing everything I am going to go with the xbox 360 elite (the black one)... games seem better, and the system/games are cheaper as a whole.

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
Well after hearing everything I am going to go with the xbox 360 elite (the black one)... games seem better, and the system/games are cheaper as a whole.

Why the Elite? Unless it comes with games I'd say go with the pro for $100 less. 60gb is plenty of space for downloadable content and game saves.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiscogooner
Why the Elite? Unless it comes with games I'd say go with the pro for $100 less. 60gb is plenty of space for downloadable content and game saves.

It comes with two games, but also I thought that the 120gb would be good for saving games directly to the system. When I first had a 360 a while back one of the things I disliked was how noisey and how long the loading takes.. from what I understand if you download the game to the system there is very little (if any) loading time and because the disc isnt always running, the system is much less noisey when it is operating.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
x-box 360 is the way to go!
You can get moderen warfare 2 and play with the cool kids.
We have a great time.

stormyseas

Reaction score
I base my decision on the fact that the 360 has the best current games. The 360 has alot of problems like the RROD but beyond that it has the most professional games. I don't like the kiddy japanimation games that ppl love with the ps3. I'd say a professional would like the 360 and a kid would probably like the ps3.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stormyseas
I base my decision on the fact that the 360 has the best current games. The 360 has alot of problems like the RROD but beyond that it has the most professional games. I don't like the kiddy japanimation games that ppl love with the ps3. I'd say a professional would like the 360 and a kid would probably like the ps3.
This is ridiculous. You mean like how the 360 has Naruto games or Blue Dragon? Oh but Gears of War and Halo are soooooo mature, with their grade school space operas and derivative lead characters... Protip: "professional" games is an oxymoron. What's your definition of a "professional" game?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a question about the storing of games onto the 360... if the only real diff. between the pro version and the "elite" version is 60, gb, an hdmi cord, and the black color, I guess the decision with which to go with would have to be how many games can be stored on the 60gb pro v. the 120gb elite?? also if the price difference is $100 between the two versions and the elite comes with 2 games and an hdmi cord (and double the gb) doesnt that more than event out the $100 price difference??

Another question, how do you tell which sku/model are the most recent made/released versions?

This says the Pro came out in 8/08 so I am guessing any 'pro' model now in the stores is the same as anyother one?

http://www.hardcoreware.net/xbox-360-model-guide/

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the max resolution on xbox/playstation? Anything that can max out my 1080p?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
What is the max resolution on xbox/playstation? Anything that can max out my 1080p?

from the research I did, it looks lke currently there are only a couple games on the ps3 that run full 1080 (i think they are racing games) and that is all, so no.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
PS3 runs at 1080p for some games but all Blu Ray discs, media files etc that can support the resolution are also displayed at 1080p. I'm not sure about the Xbox but I can't imagine any reason other than the games to own one. They are noisy, prone to dying, far less powerful and flexible, charge money to play online (PS3 online is free) and generally just... not as useful. If you like the Xbox-only games though, you would need one.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here play RE5 on the ps3? I'm looking for people to play mercenaries and I might get that extra DLC for survivors and versus.

Whatz ur gamer tag? ssshhhhssshhSHSHhhshhss. Mine is flyinhyphy. PM me.

Tardek

Reaction score
You kids and your jiggerbites. Why play a game about wood-whittlin' when you can whittle wood on a real live rocking chair on your real live front veranda, yellin' at real live chitlins to git offa yer property?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tardek
You kids and your jiggerbites. Why play a game about wood-whittlin' when you can whittle wood on a real live rocking chair on your real live front veranda, yellin' at real live chitlins to git offa yer property?
Um... about 99% of the games people play do not have a readily available real life analog. Unless all you play is Madden, and you also happen to be an NFL QB, or you are an invincible cop/agent/guy/chick who is, currently in real life on a vigilante mission to get revenge on the mob/kill a city full of zombies/carjack people and move up in the ranks of a criminal empire so that you can ultimately save someone or bring the criminals to justice/a futuristic soldier/a mutant/a race car driver/an Italian plumber who hates mushrooms and can shoot fireballs, God-like city planner who can control space and time/etc. You act as if we do these things in video games instead of doing them in real life.
smile.gif
It doesn't really work that way.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members