• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Divulging SF to Outsiders

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DapperDave
I went back to my fiancee's parents' place over the weekend, and I called a friend and let him know I was going to be in town. I asked what he was up to, and he said going to Costco to pick up a few things. I politely asked him to pick me up a couple boxes of cedar shoe trees if he saw them (they don't have them where I live), and I would gladly reimburse him for the costs and buy him a drink for the trouble.

Anyways, he didn't ask any questions about it, but when my other friend saw me take the shoe trees and put them in my car, he proceeded to ask me how I knew the whereabouts of said trees, why I would ask somebody to buy shoe trees, etc. I proceeded to tell him that I used to buy them at the local Costco, but they no longer carry them (which they never did) as opposed to revealing this site, which would've been far more embarrassing, i.e. "I actually go on a men's clothing internet forum to discuss items such as these, and therefore knew that they could be purchased at Costco, etc."

Anybody else been in a similar boat, one where you have to make up a lie or divulge SF?

I proudly announce the fact (and stand behind when others accuse) that I'm a clothes whore. However, The fact that I've just recently stumbled on a forum with like minded people is kinda bad in the fact that: I like being unique in my interests--(ie I'd rather talk about fashion trends rather than whatever the hell happened in last Sunday's game.) and this many dudes with the same interests makes me feel ordinary and boring.
sarcasm.gif

I think chicks dig (or other gay guys if you're into that kinda thing) guys who are into clothes and dress nice. On the flip side, no matter how much **** you get on the cover, the guys who couldn't match a Di** and a pu*** together are all secretly envious of your phenomenal sartorial 3rd eye.
'
Love it.

mr.loverman

Reaction score
I just liken it to an online version of GQ or Men's health. You can just say its a place where men can talk about clothes and girls and fitness. Posting pictures of yourself is a little **** though. That could be hard to explain to certain people. But that's why its an anonymous forum.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forsbergacct2000
I've only told a couple people. Clothing Forums are not a normal Midwestern thing.

"Never complain, never explain."
Henry Ford, II

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of my good buddies lurk on this forum. We all got started at the same time coincidentally. I bought the most stuff so far <.<....

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im still in university, and even wearing something nice that isnt from american eagle or abercrombie is somewhat suspect,...so when I started frequenting this forum and spending what little excess cash I had on Ralph Lauren and other indulgences, eyebrows where raised. I have a few friends who know of my habits, and one of them loves it, others....well... a few drinks into the evening they start trying to call me out. However, I dress better than my professors, and even if I do occasionally get mistaken for one I enjoy my clothes. If I feel a friend will benefit and more importantly appreciate the forum, Ill direct them to it. So far Ive only had one deserve that oppurtunity haha.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who browses SF once and a while and then makes fun of my posts.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if your S.O.'s give you ****, buy them something really expensive and say that you got the funds from either (a) the money you saved from SF deals, or (b) the money you made on B&S true or not, i think they will be much less inclined to criticize after that
sly.gif

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score

Though I understand the negative social connotations, I find it a little sad how insecure and unsupported people posting in this thread feel about something they obviously love.

I have no qualms about talking about Style Forum to my friends. They know I have always been extremely interested in clothing and I am sure they only think it natural that I seek out like minded people to discuss it with.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ginlimetonic
excuse for you to ******** and 'turn you straight'..

but i agree, my gf thinks i'm mad spending my time discussing clothing after a recent trip which got me 3 bespoke suits and 1 bespoke shoe JL04vintage replica in black--when i shoudl be studying for a 6 hour exam on the first saturday of June.

1, 2 or 3?

wetnose

Reaction score
The first rule of SF: you DON'T talk about SF!

The second rule of SF: you DON'T talk about SF!

The third rule of SF: if you like square toed shoes, be prepared for consequences!

<apologies to tyler durden>

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never talk about Style Forum...
Where I do live and work , wearing bespoke shoes and suits will be seen as proper madness...
They see my interest as some manic-depressive traits and they will go mad if they knew how much i spend on a pair of shoes...
Even my brother-in-law , senior currency trader at RBS thinks that Hugo Boss is doing great suits...
Like everywhere else , people love labels and know jack about real sartorial quality...
We're a very very small circle and it is quite nice like this..

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GentWithoutaCent