Divulging SF to Outsiders

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Eustace, Apr 14, 2009.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Every single day. [​IMG]

Splendid.

Do any of you vomit from the social pressure, sorta like Bulimia stylosa?

- B

2. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Interesting how many women resent our participation in the forum culture. Some of the remarks quoted sound as if they came directly from my wife's lips. She hates my participation in the fora, but then she hates just about anything that gives me pleasure. Typical woman!

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Misogyny is a fantastic and long-awaited turn to this thread.

- B

4. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Interesting how many women resent our participation in the forum culture. Some of the remarks quoted sound as if they came directly from my wife's lips. She hates my participation in the fora, but then she hates just about anything that gives me pleasure. Typical woman!

Thats because it short-circuits the things that women think they control you with. (i.e. clothes) She will know you can see right through the bullshit things they do that are supposed to pull you in, like her True Religion jeans. Now she will actually have to make an effort to impress you, which most girls these days are uber-FAIL at. Easier for her to just resent it and move on to a normal schlub that won't be so aesthetically-inclined.

5. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

6. ginlimetonic

ginlimetonic Senior member

My GF constantly checks to make sure I'm not ghey. Otherwise, she just rolls her eyes.

excuse for you to have sex and 'turn you straight'..

but i agree, my gf thinks i'm mad spending my time discussing clothing after a recent trip which got me 3 bespoke suits and 1 bespoke shoe JL04vintage replica in black--when i shoudl be studying for a 6 hour exam on the first saturday of June.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Thats because it short-circuits the things that women think they control you with. (i.e. clothes) She will know you can see right through the bullshit things they do that are supposed to pull you in, like her True Religion jeans. Now she will actually have to make an effort to impress you, which most girls these days are uber-FAIL at. Easier for her to just resent it and move on to a normal schlub that won't be so aesthetically-inclined.

Truth is, the steady GF and wife culture WANTS you to look like shit so other birds don't notice you.

Edit... whenever your sig other are asked the question "WHAT are you dressed up for" it is code for "WHO are you dressed up for". If your hen asks the "WHO" question from the start than you got a jealous one your hands in which you can expect the maintenance bills to pile up and SF is the least of your worries.

8. forsbergacct2000

forsbergacct2000 Senior member

I've only told a couple people. Clothing Forums are not a normal Midwestern thing.

9. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Truth is, the steady GF and wife culture WANTS you to look like shit so other birds don't notice you.

Edit... whenever your sig other are asked the question "WHAT are you dressed up for" it is code for "WHO are you dressed up for". If your hen asks the "WHO" question from the start than you got a jealous one your hands in which you can expect the maintenance bills to pile up and SF is the least of your worries.

This is sage advice. Let's keep going with this.

10. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

You internerds have this all backward.

It's not your friends and family who are the danger...it's the internerds.

I fully expect that before April is done, Foofy will have been captured, taxidermied, and hung on someones drywall next to the toy figurines and above a week of unwashed laundry.

Maybe even by weeks end.

- B

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

You internerds have this all backward.

It's not your friends and family who are the danger...it's the internerds.

I fully expect that before April is done, Foofy will have been captured, taxidermied, and hung on someones drywall next to the toy figurines and above a week of unwashed laundry.

Maybe even by weeks end.

- B

Tell that to the internerd that gets sick of his woman looking over his shoulder at "that stupid clothes site" (please repeat in a squeaky shrill tone for affect), sitting in a jail cell post a pent up and potentially career ending bitch slap....

[​IMG]

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I have to say that some of you have interesting relationships with women.

Or should I say, Mommy.

- B

13. ChiliPalmer

ChiliPalmer Senior member

Good observation.

14. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

My wife benefits from and appreciates my eye and my readiness to shop for her, so she doesn't have anything against SF in particular.

However, she resents the amount of time I spend on the interwebz in general. Of course this is hardly the first forum that I've obsessed over, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Luckily for my sanity and pocketbook my attention span for a given subject and its affinity group is limited.

15. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Nothing wrong with being (or trying to be) sartorially enlightened. My wife and family/friends understand this, I have nothing to be embarrassed about by posting here.