• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In regrds to the BR desert boots, your much better off trying them on. They are a bit narrow, and I think they are somewhat of a difficult fit to determine.

The JV converse has a very thick insole, and I had to size up by 1/2 a size.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375
Thanks sauce,

No thanks to bloody zappos though. Look at me I only ship american.... gahh

Dont want to wait till I hit up america at the end of the year
frown.gif

Wait, there are people who don't live in America? So which are you, a commie or a terrorist?

But yeah, over here, at least, they aren't that rare, so hopefully you should be able to find them around without having to wait.

Forkit

Reaction score
Hey guys,

What are your thoughts on this sunglass? Should I go buy them?? Thanks!

8521-613681-p.jpg

8521-613681-1.jpg

8521-613681-2.jpg

jordy55

Reaction score
I would get a size up instead of a size down. I can deal with shoes being a little bigger, but a little smaller...you're asking for trouble. You'll be uncomfortable the whole time, and you may get blisters on your feet.

three_man

Reaction score
Regarding uniqlo's 15 oz selvage denim- I heard the 15 oz selvage is due to be phased out (or phased out already) and that uniqlo will instead use (or currently uses) 12 oz selvage. Can someone confirm this for me?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
In regrds to the BR desert boots, your much better off trying them on. They are a bit narrow, and I think they are somewhat of a difficult fit to determine.
The quality is also abysmal. Easily the worst made pair of shoes I've ever purchased in terms of quality. Just an fyi.

Turin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Definately, I've just had it done on several pairs...

decision points - one or both sides, straight or tapered...

note - pants are usually cut with a certain proportion in mind, when you start slimming the legs and you don't change the waist and upper thigh plus crotch and back, be careful not to make the legs too thin, otherwise the proportions are off and you end up looking like your hips are big with skinny legs... just a caution

I want to make them slimmer everywhere, not just the legs. I am interested in slim flat front chinos, but I can't find any. In lieu, I got a cheap pair of PRL chinos from Marshals; I am hoping that I can tailor these to get what I want. While I'm at it, can I decrease the rise?

Perhaps I'm taking the wrong approach and should return them? I would love to get some Incotex; as a high school student, I really can't justify them at the full price (and the whole Daffy's frenzy seems to be over).

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the consensus on using cold-water detergents to wash raw denimz? Is it better than regular detergents, or still best avoided?

Forkit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
You do realize that not everyone's face is the same, right? Certain frames don't fit certain heads.

I understand. My friend has a pair and I've tried them before. I was wondering if my choice was good this time, considering my previous choices were bad.

Appreciate all your thoughts!

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the 17, but I'll agree with who that the Kimber 1911 is a fun gun to shoot. Of the various models I've shot I enjoyed the 1911 the most but Forkit just doesn't seem to me like he'd appreciate the quality of it.

davo10375

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Wait, there are people who don't live in America? So which are you, a commie or a terrorist?

But yeah, over here, at least, they aren't that rare, so hopefully you should be able to find them around without having to wait.

Im one of the ones who lost their baby to a dingo
And i refuse to wait 6-7 months
plain.gif

Probably see if I can get some off ebay america for around 80 (including shipping), or if I get really desperate for 130 off an australian site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkermale