• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before...
I like the look of the AA v-neck t's... Can anyone tell me please
1. Are they meant to be worn as undershirts/layered, or are they warm enough to wear just on their own.
2. What is the total length (top to bottom) for say a size small? (short guy so need shorter shirts to avoid shelving/stacking)

Thanks!

Poomba

Reaction score
1. You can wear it by it self, but they arent very warm
2. Pretty much from shirt to shirt, AA has different lengths. Then they also shrink differently. You have to try them on.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
What size should I get in Clarks Desert Trek/Desert Boot/Wallabee? I wear a US 6E in dress shoes (Florsheim) and 6.5 in my Chucks.

Since the desert is a bit big fitting, you might like the size 6. I think people find db's a little big so sizing down half a size renders a great fit. But because your feet are wide (E) you might just find a 6 good enough for you.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size should I get in Clarks Desert Trek/Desert Boot/Wallabee? I wear a US 6E in dress shoes (Florsheim) and 6.5 in my Chucks.

Originally Posted by somatoform
Since the desert is a bit big fitting, you might like the size 6. I think people find db's a little big so sizing down half a size renders a great fit. But because your feet are wide (E) you might just find a 6 good enough for you.

When people say size down for Clarks, what they usually forget to say is that you should size down (1/2 or 1 size) from your sneakers size (aka. Adidas, Nike, or Puma). Most dress shoes are less generously sized, thus no need to size down here.

For reference, I wear a 8 in most dress shoes, and even a 7.5 in certain Italian brands. But a size 8 Desert Boots are way too tight for my feet.

jdtx3302

Reaction score
1. Can anyone recommend a decent tailor in the North Dallas area?

2. and I just purchased a pair of APC's, is it recommended to leave the hem longer (to account for shrinkage) when getting them shortened? If that is the case, how much longer should one leave them?

Thanks.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.) No I cannot - perhaps try a search, and/or post in Men's Clothing?

2.) It is up to you, depending upon your inseam and how you like to wear your jeans. APC jeans are SANFORIZED, which means THEY WILL NOT SHRINK*, at least compared to shrink-to-fit jeans.

If you wash them on hot and tumble dry them, like most cotton garments they will shrink a bit. The top block (around the fly, seat and thighs [ll]) will stretch back out. Rumor has it you may lose up to an inch, give or take, on the inseam if you do this. So, if you ever plan on doing it, maybe hold off on the hemming, or leave something extra.

If you plan on only cold washing and hang drying them, they will not shrink or shrink only a negligible amount.

Beware of cuffing if you plan on hemming them later, because you may get tears forming around the bottom of the cuff.

*Sorry for shouting. Congratulations on successfully using this thread (serious).

Reaction score
Would you wear white drawstring linen pants to a night club ?
If so, what kind of shirt would you pair with it?

Thanks

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not unless my last name was Crockett or Tubbs.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by somatoform

Originally Posted by whacked
When people say size down for Clarks, what they usually forget to say is that you should size down (1/2 or 1 size) from your sneakers size (aka. Adidas, Nike, or Puma). Most dress shoes are less generously sized, thus no need to size down here.

For reference, I wear a 8 in most dress shoes, and even a 7.5 in certain Italian brands. But a size 8 Desert Boots are way too tight for my feet.

Thanks guys. I'll try a size 6 first.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thread works!

Five starz

davo10375

Reaction score
What length do all your hoodies fall at? Asking because mine always seem a bit long to me (about 3-4 inches below my jean button...
I mean they aren't OVERLY long and annoying, but I get the feeling they could look less bulky and more fitted if i got them tailored a few inches.
Opinions?

davo10375

Reaction score
Another question;

I want to grab some all black leather converse/john varvatos converse; do the leather ones/varvatos converse have the same size measurements as the normal converse? Wondering because I'd be ordering online.

Also, not sure if it was braidkid or saucemaster or both, but i remember someone in waywt having on some all black leather converse shoes or something that were killer. Havent been able to find these online, any idea where I can cop them?

fuego!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375
Another question;

I want to grab some all black leather converse/john varvatos converse; do the leather ones/varvatos converse have the same size measurements as the normal converse? Wondering because I'd be ordering online.

Also, not sure if it was braidkid or saucemaster or both, but i remember someone in waywt having on some all black leather converse shoes or something that were killer. Havent been able to find these online, any idea where I can cop them?

On the converse one webpage you can custom make any of their shoe models, materials, colour, etc.

This way you can get an all black leather or any other combination of features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads