• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

squintzz

Reaction score
I think actual replication is fine of some designs 10-20yrs ago, gives our generation of someone who discovered Yohji later a chance to acquire the piece.

What i am sad to see is releases below, i remembering seeing this print on Y3 couple seasons back and now the same print is on the New-Era collab with 50% pricier?
Both not being made in Japan.
All the streetwear and pop culture collabs has to be the real money makers for the company, similar to what CDG play is to the CDG house. Personally I like B out of all the diffusion lines, and unfortunately I don't see much of it second hand.

Veillar

Reaction score
E5F7354B-F626-4D82-B396-75D427DD2A18.jpeg
7CDDDD1D-370F-4542-A59C-8804CB091790.jpeg

20ss Gaba jacket.
18aw double wrap gaba pants.
Yohji tote.
Converse.

Pants are worn here half wrapped. With a bit of wind blowing pass, it would make these pants look like quasi-Karasu pants. If worn fully wrapped, then you have a a pair of nice ballon pants. So much versatility, love these.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
View attachment 1799482 View attachment 1799483

20ss Gaba jacket.
18aw double wrap gaba pants.
Yohji tote.
Converse.

Pants are worn here half wrapped. With a bit of wind blowing pass, it would make these pants look like quasi-Karasu pants. If worn fully wrapped, then you have a a pair of nice ballon pants. So much versatility, love these.

outstanding, very glad to see this thread is still bringing the heat

Veillar

Reaction score
Thx guys. This thread wouldn’t have become such a great place to explore if wasn’t for your great contribution in the first place.

Trying on this today.

5E395B5D-FFB7-442B-9D54-5CE91A150C3F.jpeg

DF37A60A-D9A6-4F12-9DF7-DA4A6EBCD336.jpeg

08ss suit (22aw remade version).
Converse.

Size 3 for both jacket and pants, cut is rather slim. The remade version uses soft hand gabardine, so not as reflective (shiny) as the original 08ss version, but equally easy to wear.

See you guys next time :)

squintzz

Reaction score
A bunch of CDG and YY fans around the Tokyo area threw together a runway show to celebrate the famous 6.1 show. Apparently all the pieces worn are owned by the models. Sadly the lighting is not very good but there are shots of all the looks on there IG @6.1_the_show_official

Veillar

Reaction score
It’s been a while.
00ss “bad Asia” seatbelt suit completed.

C0EE4541-4475-4F28-ACB0-F2D3C9419B19.jpeg

B979595D-3E45-4761-8BAE-23E6832D989C.jpeg

@oulipien nice, lookin comfy there bud.

@squintzz like the look. used to own those suspenders pants, regret selling them big time lol.
Regarding 23ss, can’t say I like it as much as I do this season, but there are a few looks that caught my attention (23, 24, 25, 41, 42).For the colorful ones, I assume the material is either velvet or linen/silk mix, so prices should be jaw-dropping… for look 41 I think the pants are paired with a single skirt, which could be purchased separately, adding more fun of layering to your wardrobe.

gio3101

Reaction score
fit.jpeg

Hi everybody!
I've browsed through this blog a few times already and today I decided to join and share my outfit from last Sundays walk through the park.

Beret is from YYPH 20aw
Sunglasses are YY 90s
Necklaces are Gothic YY
Knit from YYPH 21aw
Scarf from 98aw (womenswear)
Jeans are YYPH 02ss
Rings from Werkstatt München
Dr. Martens & a Tote Bag from Centre Pompidou :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads