• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

weshelm

Reaction score

Recently picked up a pair of these. Beautiful boots. Quick question though...do these stretch at all in regards to width? There's plenty of length for me in the toe box, but my little toe on my right foot is kind of squished up against the wall of the boot. Left foot is perfect - I'm pretty sure sizing up or going a wide size would leave me swimming in them. So will they stretch out a bit with wear in regards to that or should I consider my options?

I had the same issue. I sized up a half size and felt at first like my feet were swimming. I realized I only had a tiny bit of heel slip... The toe boxes were just huge which made them feel big. I added some thin insoles since I have a low volume foot and they fit perfectly and are far more comfortable than the smaller size.

klp2332

Reaction score
Which model half sole is that? I've been trying to decide which one to get, but the images on the Vibram website are not great so it's hard to really tell what they look like.
Vibram Stresa's, most likely, as mentioned in the post.

rexet

Reaction score
Am I the only one with the half sole peeling off in the front?
I guess I need to test another cobbler.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kpag

Reaction score

Nope. If you look a few pages back you'll see a picture I posted of the exact same problem. Took the boot back in and they fixed it but it looks like it may be peeling back already after only a couple of wears.

rexet

Reaction score

Nope. If you look a few pages back you'll see a picture I posted of the exact same problem. Took the boot back in and they fixed it but it looks like it may be peeling back already after only a couple of wears.

Damnit!
So what are our choices ? Either a screwed iron or removing everything and beat them raw until the sole has to be remake as new...

bik2101

Reaction score
Damnit!
So what are our choices ? Either a screwed iron or removing everything and beat them raw until the sole has to be remake as new...
or try a new cobbler. There are quite a few posts here I've seen that have had a half sole put on and have had no issues (myself included)

jrcbandit

Reaction score

I had the same issue. I sized up a half size and felt at first like my feet were swimming. I realized I only had a tiny bit of heel slip... The toe boxes were just huge which made them feel big. I added some thin insoles since I have a low volume foot and they fit perfectly and are far more comfortable than the smaller size.

So how much room is too much in the toe box? I am a size 9, I tried an 8.5 at a store which felt comfortable on the sides, slightly loose on the heel, and a ton of room in the toe box. I ordered an 8 online but I'm afraid it won't be wide enough, while size Eee would be too wide. Thanks.

mg2380

Reaction score
My Vibram half soles have been on for 2 months now with zero issues... I'd try a different cobbler if I were you.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

or try a new cobbler. There are quite a few posts here I've seen that have had a half sole put on and have had no issues (myself included)

Yeah that's what I would do. I've had no issues with either half sole job and if anyone is going to it would be me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads