Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. mp906

mp906 Senior member

Who do you use?

2. Patek

Patek Senior member

Just ordered my girlfriend her second pair of 1000 miles. I have not purchased a pair for myself yet as I have too many other boots. She loved the pair I got her so I ordered a second pair since she wears the first pair all the time and needs to rotate.

Yes, I have to teach my girlfriend about shoe rotation. I do have about 5X the shoes she has. :embar:

3. gardenbuffet

gardenbuffet Member

The scratch marks on the tongue due to the backside of the eyelids.. they are expected right?

4. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Only if you use the laces :)

Yes, to be expected.

5. jfclark

jfclark Member

My cobbler (who is highly recommended on these boards) recommended against putting half soles on my 1ks because he thought there was a high chance they would peel off...

6. vacuity

vacuity Member

Oh, derp. I didn't even see that. [​IMG]

They look nice. I was leaning towards the Mirror Half Sole (#2324) or the Richard Half Sole (#2337), both of which I guess are thin and "dressy", so it's nice to have some action shots of a similar style. Thanks!

7. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

well i'm just saying that because clearly enough members in this thread have put on a half sole with no problems. so it's obviously not an issue with the boots. must be a matter of how each cobbler is putting them on.

8. mw1197

mw1197 New Member

Thanks. That's kind of what I'm considering doing now. It does seem like the toe box would be huge but if there's barely any heel slip it seems like it should be good. Technically I could just continue wearing these, but it's slightly uncomfortable at times and I wonder about long term effects.

I'm usually 9.5 and ordered 8 after trying it on in a store (don't remember having the same issue with width back then). I might have to size up to 8.5 but in line with that it sounds like 8 might be fine for you.

9. mw1197

mw1197 New Member

double post

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013

10. rexet

rexet Senior member

Do you think an screwed iron would kill the look of the boots? I think it could be the solution:

[​IMG]

11. DustyDust

DustyDust Active Member

I have used this thread for information before buying 1K boots. I'd like to share my experience as to help those who intend to purchase these boots.

My Brannock measurement is 7.5D

7D Allen Edmonds "Clifton"
    7E Red Wings Wabasha "Chukka"
    7 Sperry Top Siders
    7.5 - 8 Sneakers (New Balance / Nike)
    8 Hunter rain boots

Long story short, the Wolverine 1K boots fit nicely at size 6.5D

I wanted the Rust color, but settled on Brown as I was informed that 6.5 in Rust can no longer be found. That may or may not be the case.

As far as I can tell, no defects in the shoe. Smell great, and fit great, right out of the box.

I do not plan on putting a half-sole on. I want to see how these boots do as is. I plan on wearing them on dry days only.

Words of wisdom: wear the boots, make them your own, they are meant to age with you...

Thanks to all who contribute, it has helped me in my purchase

12. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

what? they make them in a size 6.5??

13. DustyDust

DustyDust Active Member

Yes! They do make a 6.5. Check the Wolverine website. They currently have them in black and brown. Everybody (several stores) told me they did not make them in 6.5. However, I called Wolverine, they do, they are on my feet now.

I initially ordered a 7. But they were too long.

14. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

damn haha.. wish i knew this earlier. oh well. 7s fit fine for me with thick socks. maybe if i can fine rusts in 6.5 i'll pick up a pair later on. i was also told by everyone that size 7 was the smallest.

15. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

News to me but they do add sizes and widths as we've seen over the last year.