• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

between snoseal and LP, is one better than the other for weather proofing purposes? i already did LP my pair but just wondering if its worth it to pick up some snoseal if thats better

No. Use one or the other and that's it.

milesbeyond

Reaction score
Just called Crane's and ordered a pair in Rust! I was torn between Brown or Rust. I've only seen Brown in person and it looked great, but I was afraid of it darkening even the slightest bit more with some conditioner which I didn't want. I also love the hint of contrast between the laces and the rust color.

Seems like a lot of people have different methods of waterproofing and conditioning. Straight out of the box, do you guys think it's necessary for a boot oil before LP? Or will I be fine with a couple of heated up coats of LP?

And finally, got quoted at the shoe cobbler at $30 for a rubber half-sole. He actually suggested I wear them for a week or so before bringing them in since the leather is a bit oily.

Can't wait! Thanks everyone.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oil first. LP or snoseal second. The oil's job is to condition, snoseal and LP are the waterproofers. Don't treat the soles at all since you're getting them half soled. One page back someone linked to my snoseal tutorial and the reason for treating before first wear.

blkhwk4502

Reaction score
I wear mine about 5 days out the week mostly for work behind a desk. How many times a month would be good for cleaning and oiling?

Last edited:

thepenguin99

Reaction score
I had been looking for a good matching belt to my Rust 1ks. I think I found it and it didn't cost a lot which was nice. Anyway, pic below. The belt is Orion Leather 38mm . As far as the belt quality, the belt is nice and thick. It is definitely the nicest belt I own, but that isn't saying a lot since my previous belts were all department store bought. This post doesn't necessarily have much to do with the thread but in my search for a belt I did a search of this thread and thought I might not be the only one. Figured someone else might benefit from the pic/suggestion. It should be noted that the picture represents my boots after 2 sno-seal treatments and some wear. The belt is new and I sno-sealed it as well simply because it darkens the leather a small amount. The belt was originally lighter than the boots but after treatment I really like the match. Also no colored residue that will get on a shirt like polish would leave.

ADDIC

Reaction score
does Wolverine provide replacement laces? i really only need one for my black pair.
i emailed them but i think i'll get an answer here more quickly.

turdburglar

Reaction score
man..between my allen edmonds daltons and these.... the wolverines are hands down my favourite pair of boots to wear. only treated with montana pitch blend so far. i think i want another pair!

Last edited:

vacuity

Reaction score
Thank you all for such wonderful information and pictures! I don't know why, but it never occurred to me that forums like this place would exist. There's a wealth of information here and I am going to be reading for months!

I've made my way through this thread and so far I have only seen two people who picked up the 1000 Mile "Austen" model. Has anyone else tried these and have any more pictures to share? I am in the market for boots and I've narrowed it down to the Austen or the Original in Black, but I have e-mailed/called every 1000 Mile retailer within 30 miles of LA and no one carries the Austen. I tried on the Original's at Nordstrom last night and they are amazing, but I really want to see the others in person before I pull the trigger.

Failing that, anyone have a line on any deals for the Original right now? I know many of you have referenced the Crane's thing (your info is amazing, btw!) when he has some in stock, but I'm new so I'm unsure how all that works...
shog[1].gif

Ketawa

Reaction score
You can try calling Crane's and see if they'll special order the style and size you're looking for. It might take a few weeks to come in but the price is tough to beat. This is what I did to order some original 1k miles in 14D.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
<snip> The belt is Orion Leather 38mm .

Appreciate this post. Their belts look great, especially for the price. Will have to pick some up soon. Thanks!

I've made my way through this thread and so far I have only seen two people who picked up the 1000 Mile "Austen" model. Has anyone else tried these and have any more pictures to share?

I love the way the Austen looks, but never understood why it commands the premium over the classic 1K's.

vacuity

Reaction score
You can try calling Crane's and see if they'll special order the style and size you're looking for. It might take a few weeks to come in but the price is tough to beat. This is what I did to order some original 1k miles in 14D.

The Austen is easily available online in the size/color I would like, but I was hoping to see them in person and try them on without having to buy and return if I don't like them. Mostly I would like to see a comparison of just how much taller/thicker the sole/toe is compared to the Original, and good pictures would make up for seeing them for myself, but there are too few real life images of them on the web that I have been able to find.

I appreciate the info, though!

I love the way the Austen looks, but never understood why it commands the premium over the classic 1K's.

I figure it's probably the same reason any other high-top shoe commands a premium; a little extra for materials + style tax for people (like myself) who like the taller look.

digga

Reaction score
The Austen is easily available online in the size/color I would like, but I was hoping to see them in person and try them on without having to buy and return if I don't like them. Mostly I would like to see a comparison of just how much taller/thicker the sole/toe is compared to the Original, and good pictures would make up for seeing them for myself, but there are too few real life images of them on the web that I have been able to find.

I appreciate the info, though!

I figure it's probably the same reason any other high-top shoe commands a premium; a little extra for materials + style tax for people (like myself) who like the taller look.
This for sale thread has several good comparison shots. The thread is only a week or so old i think, so perhaps if you contact the seller he might be able to snap more pics for you.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/322464/wolverine-1000-mile-brown-or-rust-multiple-sizes-also-austen/0_50

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incitylimo