• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bl@ster
These new 1000 Mile boots coming next month may satisfy the rule follower mouth breathers in this thread, if you'd wanted to dress boots up.
It's got nothing to do with 'rule following'. It just doesn't look right. And those boots you linked won't look good either, a cap toe doesn't instantly make something 'dressy'. These boots are styled for denim, heavy chinos/duck pants etc. Not a suit. If you want boots to wear with a suit, look at C&J, Sanders, Allen Edmonds, Alden, EG etc. Wolverines are not meant to worn in that fashion, it just looks silly. I'm all for mixing **** up a bit, but there's a limit.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
It's got nothing to do with 'rule following'. It just doesn't look right.

And those boots you linked won't look good either, a cap toe doesn't instantly make something 'dressy'. These boots are styled for denim, heavy chinos/duck pants etc. Not a suit.

If you want boots to wear with a suit, look at C&J, Sanders, Allen Edmonds, Alden, EG etc. Wolverines are not meant to worn in that fashion, it just looks silly. I'm all for mixing **** up a bit, but there's a limit.

+1. He might as well be wearing sneakers. That's how out of place those boots look.

But..this guy is from Hickey Freeman? I'm sorry, but that looks worse than what J Crew has been trying to do with their workwear/suit crossover thingamajigs. Again, it's not the color, or the fact that they're boots - it's that those boots in particular look like workwear, and it makes the ensemble look awful.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness seconded on the crockett & jones or peal suggestions for "dressier" boots. Loake and Grenson make similar for more budget options.

201H_enlarged.jpg

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
Anyone know which online shops (that accept paypal) are carrying the 1000 mile boot in black, sz 10? Would be great to get a slight discount on them if anyone knows of any sale codes. I'm located in Vancouver,BC and gravitypope is asking $385CAN and that's not including the brutal taxes out here....help me out! Thanks in advance.

~ If anyone has a slightly used pair, even in other colours, please PM if you're thinking about selling.

theclipper

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how much these stretch? I tried a pair on today and they were pinching one of my pinky toes. I'm wondering if I should go with these and hope they stretch enough or just go a half size up?

Thanks much.

Grug

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on what the 1000 Miles are like for wide feet and orthotics? The style is very much what I'm looking for, but because my feet splay out quite widely at the ball and because I need to wear orthotics, it tends to be a bit of nightmare to find comfortable fitting shoes.

Rollox

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on what the 1000 Miles are like for wide feet and orthotics? The style is very much what I'm looking for, but because my feet splay out quite widely at the ball and because I need to wear orthotics, it tends to be a bit of nightmare to find comfortable fitting shoes.
I'm a size 9.5D in motorcycle boots ( harness, engineer etc ) and I picked up a pair of these in 9.5D and they are tight around the ankle when I have thick socks on but lots of room in the toe. First pair of boots I ever got that were TOO narrow for me, don't buy before trying them on if you can help it.

Grug

Reaction score

I'm a size 9.5D in motorcycle boots ( harness, engineer etc ) and I picked up a pair of these in 9.5D and they are tight around the ankle when I have thick socks on but lots of room in the toe. First pair of boots I ever got that were TOO narrow for me, don't buy before trying them on if you can help it.
Yeah, I feared that might be the case. I can't find anywhere here in Australia that stocks them (and could therefore allow me to try them out for size). I've just come across these Oxford "Ronan Biker Boots" on sale though, and I think they look pretty good. I'm wondering what people's thoughts are:

Rollox

Reaction score
What part of Australia? I'm in SE QLD and ordered from revolve, but I tried them on in a store in Brisbane. There are a bunch of retailers all over VIC.

Grug

Reaction score

What part of Australia? I'm in SE QLD and ordered from revolve, but I tried them on in a store in Brisbane. There are a bunch of retailers all over VIC.
I'm in Melbourne, do you know any of the retailers? I've searched and searched but can only find online stores selling them locally.

Rollox

Reaction score
I'm in Melbourne, do you know any of the retailers? I've searched and searched but can only find online stores selling them locally.
[FONT=verdana,geneva]116 Queen StreetMelbourne VIC 3000(03) 9670 2010 - McClouds SHoes[/FONT]
191 Little Collins Street[FONT=verdana,geneva]Melbourne VIC 3000(03) 9650 5344 - Prime, there is one in fitzroy too I think but I lost the address, also [/FONT]http://www.thewalkingcompany.com.au/twcnew/brands-wolverine-men
Just expect to pay a super inflated price if you're buying in store and not online.

Grug

Reaction score

[FONT=verdana,geneva]116 Queen StreetMelbourne VIC 3000(03) 9670 2010 - McClouds SHoes[/FONT]
191 Little Collins Street[FONT=verdana,geneva]Melbourne VIC 3000(03) 9650 5344 - Prime, there is one in fitzroy too I think but I lost the address, also [/FONT]http://www.thewalkingcompany.com.au/twcnew/brands-wolverine-men
Just expect to pay a super inflated price if you're buying in store and not online.
Argh! I just got back from buying the other ones :embar: oh well, hard to turn down 70% off. I'm still going to look into the 1000 Miles anyway, I figure it's worth at least seeing how they fit. Thanks for the details, much appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads