Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Rollox

Rollox Member

The Ronan's look really nice anyway and on sale I am not sure I could have passed them up either.

2. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

My girlfriend recently ordered me a pair of these from Revolve :D I was hoping someone might be able to clear up of issues for me.

A question on fit; I believe I read there should bit a slight bit of heel slip with these wearing normal socks. I'm trying to figure out if these are ok for me or if I need to go down a 1/2 size. The 1/2 size down in the store seemed to be tight on my pinky toe and I wasn't sure how much these stretch.

There are also a couple issues with the right boot. There is a black line on the front that won't come off and a couple little scratches into the leather on the side. I'm wondering if this is common or if I should try to get this pair exchanged. Here are the pics to help get a better idea of what I'm talking about:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

3. Rollox

Rollox Member

Black line looks weird, does it look like it's part of the leather or something that has occurred after?

Scratches are normal, you will probably get more scratches than that after your first week of wearing them.

4. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Thanks for the response. It's hard to tell if it's part of the leather or not. I've tried getting my finger wet and wiping at it but it doesn't want to budge. It goes from the top there all the way down to the sole.

5. energyturtle

energyturtle New Member

hello gentlemen :D
    I really want to get a new boot and wolverine caught my eye i think montgomery is perfect for me so i did some research and found out its made in china and leather is not as nice as original, so i have to ask is this boot worth over 230 dollar? i am looking for a boot that will last a long time and comptable enough so i can stand on my feet all day

thank you

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

6. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

I bought a pair of Ascots (same idea as the Montgomery, made in China and lower quality leather then the 1000 Mile series) and am quite happy with them (same price too).

7. energyturtle

energyturtle New Member

thank you for the reply it would be nice to get some feed back from someone already owning this shoes :D

8. bl@ster

[email protected] Senior member

Go for the 1000 Mile boot instead. Made in USA and nice Horween leather.

9. meso

meso Senior member

You can find a pair of used 1000 mile boots for under 230 if you're patient. Easy.

10. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Different aesthetic, the 1000 Mile more work-booty and the Ascot is a bit more 'dressy' (not the right term, but you get the idea). I own both and both fill their respective niche.

11. bl@ster

[email protected] Senior member

The Ascots do fit the "looks like s**t" niche pretty well.

12. meso

meso Senior member

Ascots are "dressy"??

13. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Senior member

They're not dressy enough to justify them, and I don't see the point in buying Chinese Wolverines or spending $$ for lower-grade leather. Either embrace the 1000 Mile aesthetic and buy the American goods or go English. Trickers would go great with cords or heavy flannels. Now, if I had the dough, I'd buy myself some Rider Boots balmorals, which I think are Italian. Heavenly.

Actually, Allen Edmonds has a decent looking dress boot, the Bayfield, which comes close to some of the English models out there. Also chromexcel and also USA made.

14. entrero

entrero Senior member

If Chinese made Wolverines have better QC, I'd go with them. "Made in the U.S" is overrated

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

15. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Senior member

I don't think it's overrated or underrated. I don't expect Made in USA to be better. I just would rather give my money to a bunch of workers in Michigan than a bunch of workers in Zhejiang.