Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

I wear the same size in clarks, chucks and 1k mile.

which size should i go with?

clarks db: 8.5
    red wing 8130: 9.5
    converse: 9.5

2. Asath

Asath Member

Hey guys, I'm going to be moving to Portland in a few months so I purchased the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots to use as my rain/snow shoes (I currently live in LA). I'm going to Sno Seal the boots, but I figure I should use some sort of boot oil first. Do you guys have any recommendations of a good boot oil? Also what are people's thoughts on commando soles? Anyone have any idea how much it usually costs/is it worth it if I'm going to be in the rain pretty often?

3. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Senior member

Hey guys, I'm going to be moving to Portland in a few months so I purchased the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots to use as my rain/snow shoes (I currently live in LA). I'm going to Sno Seal the boots, but I figure I should use some sort of boot oil first. Do you guys have any recommendations of a good boot oil? Also what are people's thoughts on commando soles? Anyone have any idea how much it usually costs/is it worth it if I'm going to be in the rain pretty often?

Search for the many postings on this thread by the guy from the store, Crane's. He's the resident expert on preparing Wolverines for abuse.

4. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Quick question: Would any of the 1000 Mile boots be appropriate to wear with a suit. I tend to wear boots with suits when the fall/winter season rolls around, and am looking to expand my collection to include wolverine. Any thoughts, or someone who currently wears a Wolverine like this?

5. meso

meso Senior member

Quick question: Would any of the 1000 Mile boots be appropriate to wear with a suit. I tend to wear boots with suits when the fall/winter season rolls around, and am looking to expand my collection to include wolverine. Any thoughts, or someone who currently wears a Wolverine like this?

Personally I would say no. They are far too workboot-y.

6. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

I don't think it would look good. It miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight work with a heavy flannel or tweed suit but even then...I can't see it coming together well.

7. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Drat. Thanks for the quick responses. I'm in the midst of finding some sleek boot that I can wear with jeans and with a suit. My quest continues....

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Drat. Thanks for the quick responses. I'm in the midst of finding some sleek boot that I can wear with jeans and with a suit. My quest continues....

Maybe take a look at the Tricker's thread. These seem to be in between dressy and rugged for the most part.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=198359

9. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the Trickers, and I've also happened across Allen Edmond's Bayfield. Now if only one comes up on B/S, as the retail for both these options is out of my league currently. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but thanks for the help guys.

10. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Yes, it can look good:

[​IMG]

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2011/...ns-mike-cohen/

That does not look good at all.

11. meso

meso Senior member

That does not look good at all.

I was thinking the same thing.
    Belongs in the black pants/brown shoes fail thread.

12. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

He's wearing a blue suit.

That changes nothing. 1000 miles are work boots (whether you're using them for actual work or to look like you do actual work) and look great paired with some nice dark denim and a shirt (flannel shirt, work shirt, hell even a beefy OCBD looks good). Throw on a workwear jacket/blazer thingy that some places (like J Swag) sell and you've got a good look going on. But that's about the extent that you should be dressing them up. Wearing them with a suit is just too much, they weren't made for that.