• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 mile 744 LTD Boots

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i love this boot, i wasnt a fan of the cmxl of the 1K. also the fit is weird again the toe is damn bulbous imo. im certain it is had a slimmer profile they would have sold better

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love this boot, i wasnt a fan of the cmxl of the 1K. also the fit is weird again the toe is damn bulbous imo. im certain it is had a slimmer profile they would have sold better

I've passed on this a number of times because I wasn't a big fan of the CXL version, that is after owning it for a period of time. I initially liked it, but after getting a couple more boots I found it to be lacking in a number of areas. You've changed my mind in regards to quality, but with a number of other Cordovan boots, I can't say I feel the need to get this one yet.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol we both have 3 galways but that won't stop us from adding another.. Same with shell boots. I'm not even sure if this boot will be made again. Maybe a few pairs left at retail. Great value at sub$500

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh and the shell color is superb. It's a milk chocolate and is a nice fit in between C&J brown shell and alden Ravello. An for better or worse, the Captoe is different enough as to not be redundant in my collection of 15 captoe boots. The 721 on the otherhand isn't my taste at all

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stop, Stop, Stop!!!!

Stop being such a Gosh Darn enabler.

Cleaned it up just a bit. LOL

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, by the way Namor.

Did you get in on the Zug Galway? Well, Well?

And yes your Galway count is going to be off. See your right I have gone off the deep end. LOL

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah will pass on this for now. I still need to break in the 744 and HH Galways. :)

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what last the 744 is made on? Based on the thread, it seems it is not the same as the standard CXL version from Wolverine.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are the same lasts. Fit same too

Last edited:

supernsx

Reaction score
I have both the 721 and 744 and for some reason, 744's color is richer and the leather feel better too. The cap toe of the 744 is also easier to wear than the 721. Btw, they are both made by Allen Edmonds using the same last and the shape is slimmer than the normal 1000 mile boots.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

. Btw, they are both made by Allen Edmonds using the same last and the shape is slimmer than the normal 1000 mile boots.

How can they be slimmer and on the same last?

Or do you meant slimmer than this one:

?

Last edited:

supernsx

Reaction score
Sorry on not being clear. Both the 744 and 721 are on the same last. I meant they use a different last (a slimmer one) than the regular 1000 mile boots.

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me the Wolverine 1000 Mile regular boot and the 721/744 fit exactly the same.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ +1

The shell on the boot is thick! Although it's unlined it feels more substantial than lined calf while maintaining its flexibility. Love it

width

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads