• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 mile 744 LTD Boots

Exdeath

Reaction score
IMO the 744's last fits TTS, quite similar to a pair of AE Leeds I had (after all, they're made by the same people). And yes, great boots. I slightly regret selling mine, but maybe I'll get a new pair someday.

Last edited:

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a place that one could try these on for sizing or another boot on the same last? I doubt my local AE outlet has seconds.

supernsx

Reaction score

Is there a place that one could try these on for sizing or another boot on the same last? I doubt my local AE outlet has seconds.

Not sure where you can try but for sizing, I wear 9D on 5 last (Strand) in AE and 8.5D on 744/721. The 8.5D 744/721 has a wider toe cap also.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure where you can try but for sizing, I wear 9D on 5 last (Strand) in AE and 8.5D on 744/721. The 8.5D 744/721 has a wider toe cap also.

I see. I got weird feet though. I wear a 10.5EEE in the 5 last and an 11D in the standard Wolverine 1ks.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
width

movoblast

Reaction score
I see. I got weird feet though. I wear a 10.5EEE in the 5 last and an 11D in the standard Wolverine 1ks.
I would say they fit a tad narrower than the wolverine 1ks.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1. I think sizes 1/2 will suit 90% here

movoblast

Reaction score
Man the more I stare at these 744s, the more I am liking them. They fall under a class of their own. They look dressy but at the same time they also look rugged. I honestly didn't think I'd like them this much.

Last edited:

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tend to like these boots the more and more I look at them. I just dont like the stock $760 price tag. I can feed my Alden addiction for that much.
If anyone has a pair of size 8. Id happily take them off your hands.

OlafG

Reaction score
If I remember correctly they were 11.5D so you are probably the lucky one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads