1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 mile 744 LTD Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by carlos566, Aug 15, 2012.

1. JackTru

JackTru Member

Think I might sell my pair if anyone is interested. Size 9.5, in great condition and freshly polished! Taking offers.

2. zazadojo

zazadojo Active Member

Does anyone have a pair of 10 or 10.5 to sell?

3. Tinkertrain

Tinkertrain Well-Known Member

Its a pity Wolverine is taking so many nice 1000 mile models out of the catalog.

4. shoelove

shoelove Member

As you can see, this was one of my favorite pairs of shell cordovan boots on the market. There are four pairs in the pictures, one 9.5D and three 10D pairs in various stages of their lives.

I still own the two better looking 10D pairs. I learned over the year I wore the 9.5D pair that shell cordovan does not stretch much! The 9.5D’s were still tight when I sold them… (this was even with the help of a nice pair of real cobbler shoe stretchers).

There were some serious issues in QC with the 744. I found the earlier numbered boots were better. They were a little over the first 100 with the uniform small size holes on the toe caps. The third ugly pair of 10D’s (worst looking pair) was actually not very used. The width was much smaller than the other 10Ds and the L&R lengths were both shorter and off by 1/4” from one another.

[​IMG]
    9.5D #777 & 10D #66

[​IMG]
    10D #575 for "The Listener", 10D #66
    [​IMG]
    10D #66, 10D #54
    [​IMG]
    9.5D #777
    [​IMG]
    9.5D #777 & 10D #66
    [​IMG]
    10D #54
    [​IMG]
    10D #66 current in use pic

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  5. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

How did you get so many? I posted at some point in the last 18 months in this thread after seeing them for first time. Found one at the Rack for $530, so $580 after tax, they were too steep for my blood but they fit perfectly. Didn't know what they were at the time.

Some research brought me here and realized the whole limited edition, highly sought after, etc. I knew they were shell at the time, actually my first time trying on shell boots (or shoes). Never saw them again. I'd like to think I'd buy one now if I came across a brand new pair for $500-$600 but at the end of the day that's still quite steep for a Wolverine boot made like 5 years ago. Oh well, probably lost my chance.

6. shoelove

shoelove Member

eBay, they still come up on there. I dont think the poor QC ones are worth it, but the good ones definitely $500+

7. zazadojo

zazadojo Active Member

Do you plan to sell ANY of your 10's?

8. shoelove

shoelove Member

I don't have any more for sale. I sold two pairs already and am keeping two.

9. zazadojo

zazadojo Active Member

I totally understand. Keep me in mind if you ever change your mind.