• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

single origin

Reaction score
I am going to the factory this week and I will post the best pictures of the fabric that , I can. I know my photography skills are a sore spot with a lot of people. I will also go to NJ and ship 500 meters of oxford to Italy so that new oxfords can be made.
It will take awhile to ship and get there but once there you can do group buy over dyes or personal colors. There is a $50 charge for a one off color. That's the charge of the dye house, not mine.
With that being said 5 people is a $10.00 charge etc......
I personally think it's a cool idea and those not interested and just get standard colors. I don't think designer has offered this option before. coupled with jackets sleeves and any other of the construction options I offer pretty much seals the coffin. WvG does make one of the best shirts on the market today regardless of price point.

I will keep every informed via the WvG blog.
Can you please explain what is jacket sleeve construction?

moneybagels

Reaction score
Selling the Toni pants in size 32, unworn. Apparently I'm dumb and can't read size charts because they're much too small for me. Thankfully, trig hooked me up with 34's which fit great.

Posting here before I list them on Grailed. Looking for the $85 that I paid during the sale + shipping.

Last edited:

GoodTwillHuntin

Reaction score

Selling the Toni pants in size 32, unworn. Apparently I'm dumb and can't read size charts because they're much too small for me. Thankfully, trig hooked me up with 34's which fit great.

Posting here before I list them on Grailed. Looking for the $85 that I paid during the sale + shipping.

What is the waist measurement of those again? If it is actually 32 inches, I'm interested. If not, I'm still looking for whoever got the size 30.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the waist measurement of those again? If it is actually 32 inches, I'm interested. If not, I'm still looking for whoever got the size 30.

should be actually 32. mauro doesn't vanity size.

falathar

Reaction score

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow this is awesome. I think Mauro should link to this on the WvG site. 

It's not mine to copy. That was written a two years ago from some menswear blog. I do offer everything on that list of " must haves", except for the tension thread because my shirt maker says it's a crock of **** and any real shirt maker would never use such a thing. Personally, I disagree but I am not shelling out the cash for the machine and thread.
I do hope everyone reads that just to get a better idea of what I do offer and what I have been harping on for years.
I know a lot of people still don't really give two ***** about all the fine details but I do and that's the product I am making.

Get all of those things done right including the hand sewn monograms is a true thing of beauty. Another option, I offer is, if you want you can have an extra collar made with a set of extra cuffs.
This is very old school.
I believe, if you can find someone that offers all these services ( besides me) your shirt will start about $250.00 and go up from there depending on the fabric. More than likely you should drop about $350 to $400.00
This is of course for a dress shirt. A casual shirt doesn't need all of these bells and whistle. I think " jacket sleeves and a little hand sewing will be enough. At the minimum " Jacket sleeves".
You simply will not want to go back once you try it. The range of motion, drape, and comfort are just there.

Sweater ad shirt updates-
Sweaters leave this week and some shirts leave this week. Please be patient. I am more frustrated than all of you combined. The wait will be worth it.

Nik might post his MTM shirt and show some of the details. I hope he does. I spoke with him over the phone today and he was very happy. He is the first to have " jacket sleeves" from me.

I am letting everyone know now-

I am doing a flannel pant( charcoal) run and a wool/mohair ( navy) trouser I need 20 to 25 pieces per style. That means either enzo or predator. That's the minimum. The fabric is from Vitale Barberis
http://www.vitalebarberiscanonico.it/
The pants $130.00 dollars not including the rewards discount. The pants are a ******* steal. I will post pics on my blog as well as in a general newsletter and a rewards members newsletter.

Hopefully, We make the numbers.

I am leaving this week to Ohio to tie up the loose ends and get the fabric count. Those shirts will be ready to ship sometime in January. The sooner the orders get in the sooner I will have them made.

I also am waiting for scarf pictures. The scarves are finished. They are all woven wool cashmere blends. The scarves were loomed on old wooden shuttle looms in Italy. It's very rare and very special.
The first round of pictures were to muted so I am having them reshoot.
They will make PERFECT holiday gifts for both men and women.

Best,
Mauro

Last edited:

kwanon

Reaction score
I am doing a flannel pant( charcoal) run and a wool/mohair ( navy) trouser I need 20 to 25 pieces per style. That means either enzo or predator. That's the minimum. The fabric is from Vitale Barberis
http://www.vitalebarberiscanonico.it/
The pants $130.00 dollars not including the rewards discount. The pants are a ******* steal. I will post pics on my blog as well as in a general newsletter and a rewards members newsletter.
The fabrics sound awesome.

Is there any chance of getting something made with a higher rise? I keep meaning to ask you about this. Would be happy doing MTM but I didn't know if that's one of the measurements that can be adjusted.

itsfun

Reaction score
Any updates on Outerwear? It's starting to get cold here :)

Also, I have a 38 tony blazer I'm willing to sell for the sale price + shipping. Fit is a little tight on me.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
i don't know about outerwear but i got confirmation from Mauro last night that the Henley preorders ship from Italy by the December 15th so hopefully they will make it out right around xmas.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Speaking of outerwear, I reached out to Mauro about having a leather jacket made. I'm just going for what looks like a relatively stock model (picture below), and I'm planning on keeping the modifications to a minimum (best way to screw up an MTO is too much tinkering, IMO). I'll keep people apprised.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads