1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by falathar, Oct 6, 2015.

1. falathar

falathar Senior member

Is there a reason why all the MTO shirts are AD cut only?

2. Kap120

Kap120 Senior member

Anyone still waiting on their flannels?

3. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

I've been living in my WvG tees during the storm. Two days of bamboo sorona, and egyptian cotton today. Kept me nice and comfy for ton of shoveling/snowblowing.

4. oynag

oynag Senior member

I am. Reportedly on its way, assuming from Italy...

5. stevenkmason

stevenkmason Senior member

Shit the Red White & Blue Amunzen is sold out. Fuuuuuuck.

6. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

Im loving my red/black flannel. I hope WG does more for next year in traditional flannel colors. Also, T-shirts dropped way too late in the season last year. Maybe thats unavoidable. But I would prefer to have T-Shirts for April/May rather than August.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  7. chickenfark

chickenfark Senior member

Was able to snag a snowflake flannel. Pumped to wear it as an overshirt, or a fun casual friday work shirt. Mauro, are there going to be other shirts put up or is this everything?

8. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Received one, still waiting on the other.

Wearing one of last year's henleys as a base layer today. Pretty damn warm and comfy.

+1 on hoping for more tees. I'd love to see some u-necks in the bamboo / sorona blend.

edit: I almost jumped on the heavyweight charcoal wool, but I'm trying to stay strong for when the leather jacket project officially launches.

9. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

@Mauro , can you do a blog post on the types of stitches and relative advantages/disadvantages on garments? For an example, things like bound vs serged stitches on the inseams and outseams of pants.

10. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

I have the two Christmas flannels and the burgundy flannel, they're 3 of my favourite shirts I highly recommend.

11. moneybagels

moneybagels Member

Damn Navy Sheep shirt is gone too... Say it ain't so Mauro! There hasn't even been an email yet!

12. oynag

oynag Senior member

I was afraid that was going to happen. Under duress, I may admit I had a stress dream about it and immediately ordered when I woke up. Glad I got in. I remember a similar pattern/fabric that WvG made once before and didn't want to miss it again.

13. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Senior member

Yeah, I'm still waiting on flannels and an overdye oxford.

14. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    People still waiting on flannels from Italy, hit me up. There are only a few. Major disconnect with some orders and you will receive your shirts. I just want to be upfront.

For the new fabrics ( old runs made in America) what you see is what you get. It's first come first serve. I will launch new groups for the next 8 months. Yup, 8 months. I have a shit load of fabric.

I want to be clear. First, read the product subscription and the size charts. I have cancelled and refunded several orders already because people aren't reading and asking for options that aren't available.

Truthfully, I am only making these shirts because it's much cheaper for me to make them here then ship the fabric to Italy and have them made. It's kind of crazy to spend thousands of dollars on shipping and then having to charge you basically double. Let's just ride this fabric out until it's finished.
    READ the product description and the size charts for S,M,L, XL and you should be set.
    I have tons of great fabric. Just let's play with the rules given to me by the factory so we can get you your shirts faster.

15. Mauro

Yes, there is because that's what I wanted it to be. The factory doesn't want to cut one offs. This slows them down and makes it hard for them to get there other orders pushed through the production line.
    To make things easier we have chosen what can and what can not be done.
    I know it sucks but that's the way it has to be.

16. Mauro

No, I am over that. I tried for years to give solid input and 80% of the time get crap for it but here is a little something for you-

A bound seam more often than not has no functional purpose. It just looks "Nicer or "Cleaner". If you were to buy any pant worth their salt they wouldn't have bound ( taped) inseams. The taping or what ever you are using to bind the seam with will be pressed through at some point and will make the pant unattractive. In the case of dress trousers this should happen because it drives your tailor nuts having to remove it all before he starts altering. The only exception would be water proofing a seam but that's a whole different construction process.

Don't confuse yourself with "Serger". There are many types multi spool stitching machines that factories use and serve different purposes. Each machine has it's advantages and disadvantages. It all depends on what you are using the stitch for.
    Is it strength? Is it flexibility or are you working with a particular fabric that needs to be sewn a particular way? Is it just faster and cheaper to do?

An example is a tee shirt- You don't want to single needle a tee shirt. I mean you could but why? Single needle isn't the best option. It's the worst. The tension and give isn't there. Now, you have to figure out what stitch you want to give the adequate strength and aesthetic. Are you going to sew ( serge) on side or both, inside or out. To many variables in your question.

There is always a fast an easy method of doing things and a more skilled and precise way of doing things. Those things are normally reflected in the price of the good being sold.

I hope this helps.

I am starting tee shirts and over dyes NOW this way stock and MTO, MTM will be here in time for spring and summer.

4 people like this.
  17. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Thanks, sad to hear that the blog posts are done. Those were really interesting.

18. falathar

falathar Senior member

+1

19. trig

trig Senior member

darn missed out on navy sheep. :(

20. wheen

wheen Active Member

Missed out on the reindeer flannel by the time it took me to input sizing information. More bummed than I should be :(