• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

linds_15

Reaction score

can anyone let me know how I should size the low sneakers? thanks

i have achilles low in a 44 because they fit in the width perfect but are a little long, 43s were better in length but were way too tight. in the white leather lows i felt best in a 43, width was just a smidge tight, whereas achilles were way too tight. could have also gone with a 44 but felt better in a 43.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got my pair of the 1yr washed straight fits and I went with the same size I wear in the chinos. They fit pretty much the same as the chinos - maybe slightly smaller in the thigh (like half an inch or less). My chinos are from previous seasons if that makes any difference.
They won't stretch like raws but it feels like they do stretch at least a bit. They felt smaller in the thigh yesterday when I put them on than they do now after a full day of wearing them while out Christmas shopping.

Thanks for the information, very helpful. I pulled the trigger on the 1 wash straights from Nomad. We'll see if it was actually in stock and if so, hope it fits.

sciphiyem

Reaction score
Roden's email response time might be a bit slow, but I called them about the crotch blowout I had with the bleached jeans and got a good answer. They said they would refund full cost and return shipping costs. Really easy to deal with, great customer service. I managed to snag a replacement pair from Nomad on sale, so I guess it worked out in the end (unless the jeans rip again!)

Also, Urban Outfitters UK has 50% and has some decent stock left. I don't think they ship to the US though.

Family Death

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, very helpful. I pulled the trigger on the 1 wash straights from Nomad. We'll see if it was actually in stock and if so, hope it fits.

Which size did you order?

pockets96

Reaction score
Drove to Toronto today and picked up the wine hoody in small from Over the Rainbow. Just random chance that I called these guys and they had one in stock.

linds_15

Reaction score
Just picked up two grey and two blk crew neck tees from Jonathan and Olivia. They still have some sweats at 65. Both the enzyme crew and hoodie. Random assortments the double sides hoodies. And a large selection of the 1 year was at 120 I believe.

sciphiyem

Reaction score
Ended up getting the olive bomber in L. Here's a pic :

I think a M would have probably fit a bit better, but my arm movement is a bit limited in this size so I wonder about the M. color is a bit off in this pic btw.

Last edited:

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me. Maybe just a little bit long if you wanted to nitpick, but I think I like it better that way than I would a size down

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think most of the pics of the bomber here have the collar snapped down. What I think looks nice is to have it completely unsnapped, and have it sort of fanned out like a half-semi circle. Also, much easier to zip up all the way when it gets cold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads