• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Outerwear is now at 40% off with free shipping at Nomad. I think it was at 30% off until a day or so ago. That makes the bomber 537 and the fishtail 579, which is the cheapest I've seen them (a bit cheaper than Roden Gray which has them at 35% off).
I ordered the fishtail but based on past experience with their online inventory I'm not sure I'll actually get it.

wait until tuesday! I've got my eye on some Junya pieces if they go 75% off.

Feji

Reaction score
I grabbed a junya varsity coat in small from nomad...didnt want to risk free shipping ending while i wait for deeper discount. The online inventory for the jacket decreased by one immediately after i placed order. This makes me believe that their online inventory isnt updated if people by items from the physical store.

linds_15

Reaction score

I grabbed a junya varsity coat in small from nomad...didnt want to risk free shipping ending while i wait for deeper discount. The online inventory for the jacket decreased by one immediately after i placed order. This makes me believe that their online inventory isnt updated if people by items from the physical store.

you're right, it's not. thats why when they have those big sales they do them in store only first and online following the weekend

Local_Disk

Reaction score
My orders from RG says its in customs now on the tracking info. Does this mean I'll be charged? I know someone here had to pay 100 dollars in custom surcharges, so now I'm nervous.

Last edited:

bakatora

Reaction score
^ if you used canadapost the chances of you getting hit with customs fees is probably like <1%.

Feji

Reaction score
I've never ever been charged customs fees buying from CA, shipped via Canada Post. Every package, regardless of courier, will go through customs. UPS charges ~$27 flat fee on most packages to "sign a release" through the customs clearance stage. Fedex is hit/miss in terms of getting charged a customs fee.

NEVER select UPS for international shipments.

Edit: Xpresspost is the equivalent of Priority Mail (~3-5 days international). Expedited USA is the equivalent of First Class.

Last edited:

Gmas

Reaction score
Jonathan + Olivia in Toronto just started their Boxing Dal sale a few days early with a lot of their Wings + Horns now at 50% off. The kicker is that a good amount of their Wings stock isn't online. I went in to pick up the reversible charcoal hoodie only to find a bunch more items not on their site. Ended up grabbing the reversible charcoal hoodie for $125, wine tiger fleece hoodie for $110, grey sweat pants for $75, and the last pair of black high's (suede, black toe) for $200. Lucked out since they only had one pair left and they were in my size.

For any XS's here, they had a wine hoodie left ($110) along with both the heather and charcoal reversible reversible crewnecks for $92 in XS.

Seemed to still have a decent amount of Wings stock as far as sizes, and again, a bunch of stuff not on the website.

Last edited:

ribkin

Reaction score
Wanted to get the bomber or duffle sweater but opted for a s.n.s herning knit instead ... Suddenly this brand isn't so appealing from a value perspective...

Perhaps at a heavy discount, but so far the U.S. based retailers aren't budging ... stingy mofos...

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jonathan + Olivia in Toronto just started their Boxing Dal sale a few days early with a lot of their Wings + Horns now at 50% off. The kicker is that a good amount of their Wings stock isn't online. I went in to pick up the reversible charcoal hoodie only to find a bunch more items not on their site. Ended up grabbing the reversible charcoal hoodie for $125, wine tiger fleece hoodie for $110, grey sweat pants for $75, and the last pair of black high's (suede, black toe) for $200. Lucked out since they only had one pair left and they were in my size.
For any XS's here, they had a wine hoodie left ($110) along with both the heather and charcoal reversible reversible crewnecks for $92 in XS.
Seemed to still have a decent amount of Wings stock as far as sizes, and again, a bunch of stuff not on the website.

Did they have any heather gray or black revrersible hoodies?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet with J+O and bought the reversiable hoodie. Knock on wood, but haven't been charged customs before from Roden Gray or Nomad, hopefully the streak continues.

Gmas

Reaction score

Did they have any heather gray or black revrersible hoodies?

No heather grey or black from what I saw in the hoodie - only the charcoal. Had the heather grey in the reversible crewneck though.

Had the heather in the high neck tiger fleece hoodie though....same model as the wine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads