• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why can't brooksbrothers.com get suits off backorder?

soupcxan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
Interesting

And that was for a charcoal 38R?

No, navy stripe 38R.

$415 including tax and basic alterations for an 1818 suit in a traditional color is a pretty good deal in my opinion. Assuming it was actually shipped.

Now I just need to figure out what's keeping my local BB from getting my third-for-$199 shirt in from the warehouse.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some positive news - I ordered a grey stripe Fitz during the sale ($395 shipped) and they told me it would ship on 9/17. After reading all these other posts I went on line to check and found out it shipped today via FedEx and is expected to be delivered tomorrow - one week early.

nringo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by soupcxan
My suit backorder showed an est ship date of 9/26, but checking BB.com just now it says the order shipped today. So we'll see what shows up next week.

I received an email a few days ago that my 42r navy fitz was delayed to 9/28. Checking today its changed to 9/26. So maybe they're finally getting them back in stock now.

cglex

Reaction score
Inventory too low, supply chain shortages, etc. are all signs of a company whose lenders are putting on the squeeze. So limited funds to carry inventory and suppliers who won't ship until they are paid. This apparent liquidty problem could be with the supplier as well or instead of with BB. Given the size of BB's recent discounts on top of what has to be lower volume, BB must be generating far less cash than a year ago. Additionally, the garment industry (those that sell to BB) is traditionally financed by factors (who buy a vendor's receivables with BB) of which there are now just a handful, so they talk. These factors may limit what BB's supplier's can ship on credit (that they finance) if they are concerned with BB's financial health, or just have too much due from BB.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My order was 2 days late. i didn't ask for alterations. I'm happy that I got a staple suit that fit me at a great price!

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
F/W Black Fleece is now online. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/blackf...ks_viewall.tem

The prices are better but the jackets look shorter than last season, similar to fall '07. I did see a collared cardigan, one suit, and a flannel sport coat that interest me, although I'll have to see just how short the jackets are.

I notice the suits are now made in the USA instead of Italy. Any idea who made these suits? And are they more or less conservative than last season?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I notice the suits are now made in the USA instead of Italy. Any idea who made these suits? And are they more or less conservative than last season?
The Made in USA is Southwick. They've long made for Brooks. Recently they've been in trouble though and Brooks bought them. Brooks is getting back to emphasizing how American is Brooks Brothers. There's greater emphasis on their made-in-USA goods, and probably more of these goods as well.
Originally Posted by cglex
Inventory too low, supply chain shortages, etc. are all signs of a company whose lenders are putting on the squeeze. So limited funds to carry inventory and suppliers who won't ship until they are paid. This apparent liquidty problem could be with the supplier as well or instead of with BB. Given the size of BB's recent discounts on top of what has to be lower volume, BB must be generating far less cash than a year ago. Additionally, the garment industry (those that sell to BB) is traditionally financed by factors (who buy a vendor's receivables with BB) of which there are now just a handful, so they talk. These factors may limit what BB's supplier's can ship on credit (that they finance) if they are concerned with BB's financial health, or just have too much due from BB.
Very interesting. Given the anger of some customers, it does seem likely that something is going on behind the scenes that is Not Good and Not Planned.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The fabrics look nice in the pics and seem very conservative. Some of the suits are darted, which is a first for BF. However, my concern is the length of the jackets. They seem shorter than fall '07 which was quite short, and as short as I'm willing to wear them. I really think the jackets will be a deal breaker for me.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well today my order got pushed from 9/27 back to 10/3

yay
plain.gif

soupcxan

Reaction score
Well if it makes you feel any better, after reaching an emotional high when my suit shipped, I crashed back down to earth when I tried to pick up three shirts that I had ordered at a retail store. After three weeks, only two of the three had come in, then one of those turned out to be the wrong fabric (either ordered wrong or shipped wrong), then they gave me a hard time because the SA had promised that I could use my Brooks Brothers rewards card (those things are always such a pain, since you can't use them on internet/phone orders AND you also can't use them for a retail order if the store has to order a product from the warehouse, neither of which makes any sense to me) and get tax-free status. My SA had already left but the manager said he wasn't supposed to do any of those things but honored them anyway (I give them credit for that, but not the attitude I got).

I'm sure they will be thrilled to see me again next week when I bring in the suit I ordered online and expect them to do basic alterations for free. But it's their own fault for not honoring the extra 15% off that the online store offered.

Somebody needs to step in and get BB's channels (online, phone, retail) operating as one cohesive unit.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Somebody needs to step in and get BB's channels (online, phone, retail) operating as one cohesive unit.

I've had the same hassle from my local store. Some SA's will honor it, but others won't.

dtdfusion

Reaction score
Well if it makes you feel any better, after reaching an emotional high when my suit shipped, I crashed back down to earth when I tried to pick up three shirts that I had ordered at a retail store. After three weeks, only two of the three had come in, then one of those turned out to be the wrong fabric (either ordered wrong or shipped wrong), then they gave me a hard time because the SA had promised that I could use my Brooks Brothers rewards card (those things are always such a pain, since you can't use them on internet/phone orders AND you also can't use them for a retail order if the store has to order a product from the warehouse, neither of which makes any sense to me) and get tax-free status. My SA had already left but the manager said he wasn't supposed to do any of those things but honored them anyway (I give them credit for that, but not the attitude I got).

I'm sure they will be thrilled to see me again next week when I bring in the suit I ordered online and expect them to do basic alterations for free. But it's their own fault for not honoring the extra 15% off that the online store offered.

I also bought a suit online and will bring it to the store for alterations. may i ask what is included in basic alterations at BB?

soupcxan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtdfusion
I also bought a suit online and will bring it to the store for alterations. may i ask what is included in basic alterations at BB?
As far as I know, it's cuffing/hemming the pants and adjusting the jacket sleeves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads