• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why can't brooksbrothers.com get suits off backorder?

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
soupxcan, how are you getting it down to $400? I bought mine at 50% off $999 and it came to about $500. Is there some stacking discount I'm missing?

There was a coupon code in the original PSA: Brooks Bros. thread that had a coupon code for an extra discount.

Happydayz

Reaction score
Yep. I got a Fitzgerald for $383.

No way in hell I am ever paying $900 full price for an 1818. Even the current promotion, knocking $250 off the price, almost seems like a terrible deal.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1818 suits are half canvassed, the sports coats are made in random parts of the world.

soupcxan

Reaction score
I just noticed that my Fitz has unfinished sleeves (for working buttons). The last two I bought just had regular buttons (they're all made in USA). Interesting.

mango

Reaction score
**** me. Good thing I just saw this thread. I was expecting my suit Monday before I leave the country. Now I have to scramble.

hth2002

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
soupxcan, how are you getting it down to $400? I bought mine at 50% off $999 and it came to about $500. Is there some stacking discount I'm missing?
Here is the original PSA thread that soupcxan mentioned. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=2383961 There was a fall9x stackable coupon code for an additional 15% off through September 6th. Then, if you used your Discover card at shopDiscover, there is 5% cash back. http://www.discovercard.com/customer...pdiscover.html If you use the Bank of America card in the Add It Up program, there was an addtional 4% cash back, plus points for the reward program. http://www.bankofamerica.com When buying online, you can check www.evrewards.com for coupon codes, cashback/reward programs for credit cards or 3rd party sites like bing.com and fatwallet.com. It usually doesn't have very many coupon codes compared to www.retailmenot.com

nringo

Reaction score
Mine was pushed back to 10/3 (after being moved up a few days to 9/26) which was annoying; but just today I got an email that it shipped!

CorneliusP

Reaction score
I got my 1818 fitz 40R yesterday. I was surprised because the email told me 9/23 shipping date. Haven't had a chance to even open it yet though

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With all the recent bitching re BB pushing back the delivery dates (I'm guilty of some of it), I thought I'd mention that I was pleasantly surprised when I received a couple of shirts recently and didn't have to pay any customs brokerage fees, duty or taxes. BB also uses FedEx for delivery to Canada and a flat $10 on top of whatever the US shipping fee would be for that amount.

Might order a suit next time there's a good sale and have it delivered to me instead of going through a proxy as I do with most vendors...

The only thing is that it seems to take quite a while for the order to even be processed when it's to be delivered to a non-US address... Back where we started I guess.

makingmark

Reaction score
I'd read that when Brooks bought Southwick, they also moved the factory - this was in spring of this year. Perhaps they're having some difficulties getting up to speed in the new facility. Nontheless I was in a Brooks store on Friday and it seems that the stores aren't getting much stock (of the Fitz, anyway) either. So don't know that it's an internet-specific phenomenon.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makingmark
I'd read that when Brooks bought Southwick, they also moved the factory - this was in spring of this year. Perhaps they're having some difficulties getting up to speed in the new facility. Nontheless I was in a Brooks store on Friday and it seems that the stores aren't getting much stock (of the Fitz, anyway) either. So don't know that it's an internet-specific phenomenon.
An SA told me that they were reducing the amount of inventory on hand; hence, fewer items and the items in limited sizes.

nringo

Reaction score
While getting my Fitz fitted my SA said there were still some available but he couldn't touch them b/c they were earmarked for their new Canadian stores.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nringo
While getting my Fitz fitted my SA said there were still some available but he couldn't touch them b/c they were earmarked for their new Canadian stores.
Did it have a bilingual tag that read "Les Freres Brooks"?
smile.gif

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody received a Fitz Navy in 38R yet? Mine is pushed all the way to 11/22
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads