• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who do you absolutely trust?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three friends my mom, brother, my dad (to an extent) and my wife. As far as friends I'd tell anything, even the really fucked up **** that makes you wake up at night in a cold sweat. . . maybe one.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
even the really fucked up **** that makes you wake up at night in a cold sweat
What kind of '****' might this be? I honestly can't think of anything that qualifies.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
What kind of '****' might this be? I honestly can't think of anything that qualifies.
Same thing I was thinking
uhoh.gif

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
My safety deposit box in Geneva is the safest ´thing´, thats for sure
biggrin.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

Ya really think I'm going to tell?
Sometimes nightmares wake me up, but I actually do talk to my wife about those on occasion. Other times I just pretend I need a drink of water and get out of bed.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Ya really think I'm going to tell?
Sometimes nightmares wake me up, but I actually do talk to my wife about those on occasion. Other times I just pretend I need a drink of water and get out of bed.

We all have nightmares.

I recently visited some long-time friends, I awakend them when I was bellowing out during a nightmare. This is not exactly a common occurance ... and I don't really recall the specifics -- well, I do but I'm not telling -- of this dream. In any event, it was one of those wherein I attempted to call out and couldn't. The friends were very concerned, so I told them I was trying to ask the waiter for foie gras and found myself unable to speak. I was desparate to get the phrase out.

They agreed it was a nightmare.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would actually like to think that most of my friends could say they have absolute trust in me.

Hmmm people who I absolutely trust, I guess I'm slightly confused as to what absolute trust entails. My parents are about the only ones I can think of. I've never had to confide in them and we don't necessarily have the deepest of relationships, but they are truly the best, most honest and kind people I know.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
You could always work on your writing & vocabulary skills in order that you might better articulate what you wish to say.

I always trust myself ... even when I'm doing something untrustworthy.

hahaha that's rich
lol8[1].gif

and yes, posting here usually makes me even more aware of my inability to type what I'm thinking. need moar practice!

jstupple19

Reaction score
Always my parents, brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. If you can't trust family etc. etc.

Also, my girlfriend, because without absolute trust a long-term relationship is impossible.

I also have unwavering trust in her family, because they have done things for me that I wouldn't expect or ask from even my own family.

As my father always said, "Some people are owed your respect, but everyone must earn your trust."

pokharelrewa

Reaction score
Glasses - also called eyeglasses (formal), spectacles, or specs (informal) - are frames bearing lenses worn in front of the eyes, normally for vision correction or eye protection. Safety glasses are a kind of eye protection against flying debris or against visible and near visible light or radiation. Sunglasses allow better vision in bright daylight, and may protect against damage from high levels of ultraviolet light. Other types of glasses may be used for viewing visual information (such as stereoscopy) or simply just for aesthetic or fashion values.

Historical types of glasses include the pince-nez, monocle, lorgnette, and scissor or scissors-glasses.

Modern glasses are typically supported by pads on the bridge of the nose and by temple arms (sides) placed over the ears. CR-39 lenses are the most common plastic lenses due to their low weight, high scratch resistance, low dispersion, and low transparency to ultraviolet and infrared radiation. Polycarbonate and Trivex lenses are the lightest and most shatter-resistant, making them the best for impact protection.[1]

An unpopular aspect of glasses is their inconvenience. Through modern frames can be both lightweight and flexible, and new lens materials and optical coatings are resistant to breakage or scratching, glasses can still cause problems during rigorous sports. Visibility can be significantly reduced by becoming greasy, trapping vapour when eating hot food, swimming, walking in rain or rapid temperature changes (such as walking into a warm building from cold temperatures outside). Scraping, fracturing, or breakage of the lenses require time-consuming and costly professional repair.

<a href="http://www.lenskart.com/eyeglasses/">Eyeglasses</a>

Gordon Gekko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysc
Family, an ex-girlfriend, possibly the current girlfriend and I have a couple of friends who I know would help me dispose of the bodies regardless of the circumstances.
Not trying to be a smart-ass, but....
If she's so trustworthy, then why is she an ex?

itsaKarrahBoo

Reaction score
There are very very few trustworthy people in this world, I'm happy to have found one of them. My current guy has to be one of the most trustworthy people in this world. He's very honest and I can tell him anything without worry of it leaking all over the world! I can say, without a doubt, I can absolutely trust him with every aspect of my life. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads