• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Quite good outfits, very much in the spirit of the thread, the last few pages. No Foo or Manton to acknowledge this in sight?

dont hold your breath, brother.

JP - looks great as always.

been a lil bit since i posted one. from yesterday, here goes.

5110fc78_36f6af1a-165b-4790-94e3-6020a9e2ff9c_zps42da9122.jpeg

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quite good outfits, very much in the spirit of the thread, the last few pages. No Foo or Manton to acknowledge this in sight?
I nominate Tira to take their place in the mean time because *******.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dont hold your breath, brother.

JP - looks great as always.

been a lil bit since i posted one. from yesterday, here goes.

5110fc78_36f6af1a-165b-4790-94e3-6020a9e2ff9c_zps42da9122.jpeg

I just mean... when there were more bad ones that was a big issue, now that it's good no one seems to notice.

I nominate Tira to take their place in the mean time because *******.

Who is Tira?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just mean... when there were more bad ones that was a big issue, now that it's good no one seems to notice.

i know. its a bummer.

Who is Tira?

Tirailleur1 aka - Mr. Swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tira = Tirailleur1

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, okay. I like his outfits, but he hardly seems like a good substitute for stern OCBDers, no?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was teh joak. ;)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
**** yeah!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm no :foo: or Manton but I'll go out on a limb and acknowledge that UC, JPH, HC and MrC did well there :tips hat:

I think IS's all solid outfit is a bit too austere for me, maybe a striped shirt in there or - oh I know - you should send him a pocket square in his next tie order ;)

Last edited:

Itstonight

Reaction score

Complaints about the quality of my pics will be ignored. I urge chavs, fops, bottom feeders and n00bs to think carefully before you post in this thread. If you are wondering whether something is in good taste, it probably isn't. I encourage nay, foo, matt, dopey, gdl, vox (he is missed), concordia, t4, parker, will, baron, edmorel and some others whose names aren't occuring to me at the moment to comment with directness but without rancor. of course, there will be little need to say anything about my combos because they will always be impeccable.

I think it started well with the shirt and the tie.
To me the blazer makes the whole look cheap. It fits badly and frankly the color is reminiscent of an impoverished village's mud huts. Idk why but I really never thought of khaki/ camel / that color as upscale at all. And combines with the shirt and tie in those specific colors makes it very 70's to me.

But hey the tie n shirt very well done. Just change the blazer.

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm no :foo: or Manton but I'll go out on a limb and acknowledge that UC, JPH, HC and MrC did well there :tips hat:

I think IS's all solid outfit is a bit too austere for me, maybe a striped shirt in there or - oh I know - you should send him a pocket square in his next tie order ;)

Thanks GDL :D

To me the blazer makes the whole look cheap. It fits badly and frankly the color is reminiscent of an impoverished village's mud huts. Idk why but I really never thought of khaki/ camel / that color as upscale at all. And combines with the shirt and tie in those specific colors makes it very 70's to me.

Ha ha you wont last long here....

X-post

Suit: MJ Bale
Shirt: Cottonwork (needs collar points lengthened)
Tie: Henry Carter Macclesfield #5
Ps: Henry Carter white irish linen
Shoes: Meermin MTO

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

y u hate austere? also, is austere not in good taste for teh gdl? he can send me all the PSs he wants, they make great backgrounds for watch pics!

nice to see you here as always, g. :)

its a suit. and you cant tell the fit as its unbuttoned and he is taking a selfie. just judging the colors and textures, not sure there are any negs at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads