• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Even unlined 9oz. fresco is too hot for NYC today:
foosample10.jpg

Old ones:
foosample01.jpg

foosample02.jpg
foosample03.jpg

foosample04.jpg
foosample05.jpg

foosample06_corrected.jpg

foosample07_corrected.jpg

foosample08_corrected.jpg

foosample09.jpg

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Foo, do you take photos for your personal archive since you don't post these in WAYWRN? Or have you posted these elsewhere?

I gave up on WAYWRN. I'm just posting these here. Some are quite old and I just kept them around on my computer, in case I might want them for my blog (long dead) or something else. But you'd never know--as you might have observed, I don't stray from my own habits very much.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Always glad to see that suit, :foo: - it's gorgeous.

I feel like you haven't quite really nailed it with a tie though - both of the ones you have chosen were navy. It's safe and certainly in good taste, but somewhat uneventful. Perhaps something in a green or brown? Or maybe the tie is #5 o #7 of your spoilered pics?

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Always glad to see that suit, :foo: - it's gorgeous.
I feel like you haven't quite really nailed it with a tie though - both of the ones you have chosen were navy. It's safe and certainly in good taste, but somewhat uneventful. Perhaps something in a green or brown? Or maybe the tie is #5 o #7 of your spoilered pics?

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I think any of those could work really well. I never aim for 'perfect' with an outfit. I figure, whether something is really perfect in a next level sort of way, versus just very good and tasteful, is more a matter of chance than anything else. Reaching for perfect above what you are certain is very good leads to as much folly as success--at least based on my own experience and what I've seen in others. I just hope some very good combinations excel beyond the others.

Call it the Peking Duck Method.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That cloth looks great - have you posted a full picture of that suit? What's the button configuration?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

They're outstanding. Is unfused her standard or did you pay extra for that? Anyone know if Geneva will do unfused?

It's her standard and yes, Geneva will do unfused. The dinner shirt they made for me is unfused. Very very nice. They may become my regular shirtmaker.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Also why did you decide for double buttonholes on the suit? I don't know if I've seen anywhere an exposition of when this is "correct" and/or what difference it makes.

It's a DB. DBs should always have buttonholes on both lapels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads