• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which shoe should I get pt.2 (more selections) (more educated)

Forkit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by overdog
I think you deserve some credit for looking through the shoe Appreciation thread and doing some research. I realize that you are looking for a shoe that is unique, which is fine, especially since you are looking to wear it casually. The more you stick around and read this site, the more you will see what the difference is between a shoe that shows its uniqueness in a subtle way and a shoe that just tries to do too much. For example, this would be a shoe sets itself apart from the classic "plain" styles, but doesn't try to overdo it.
26602.jpg
I'm not sure I even like it all that much, but this is just an example.

I really like those too, but they're obviously expensive. Do you know of any similar shoes under $120? Thanks!!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Forkit
I really like those too, but they're obviously expensive. Do you know of any similar shoes under $120?

Thanks!!

If you're serious, you might be able to find some Calzoleria Toscana shoes at the Nordstrom Rack for somewhere near your price range. They are flashier but still relatively classic, and decently made for the price.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the cut of #1, but the reptile skin has to go! Find that in a plain black calf skin and you'll be alright. Calzoleria Toscana is a good option too. I wouldn't necessarily wear them but they aren't bad.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Forkit
Hey guys,

After realizing my weaknesses in style in my previous thread, I decided to do more research, particularly in the "shoe p0rn" thread. After learning alot and further browsing, I discovered some very unique shoes that may go well with jeans. I would appreciate your input to my choices.

Shoe 1:

985-512697-p.jpg

Shoe 2:

6901-254444-p.jpg

Shoe 3:

6219-561263-p.jpg

Shoe 4:

6219-531509-p.jpg

Shoe 5:

6219-531499-p.jpg

So which shoe should I get?? All responses appreciated!!

Number two looks like it may start hissing and rattling at any given moment and number four seems to have grown more fur each time I look at it. Usually when someone puts up this many pair for critique, at least one is kind of ok, but those are all way beyond hideous. I don't even really like any dress type shoe with jeans to be honest. I'd stick with sneakers or boots. Do you like boots?

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this guy is a troll. Well at least I think so anyway.
deadhorse-a.gif

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To give the OP credit, I think those shoes are nice if your aim is to **** lizards.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
You're right. I didn't even think about that.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see why some of you guys are ragging so hard on the OP. Yeah his shoe selection sucks, but at least he is listening to advice and trying to improve his shoes. I mean he could be like that guy "Barry" who posted for shoe advice and opinions then gets pissed off when everyone actually gives advice and opinions, then proceeds to tell us why we are all wrong.

Those shoes you posted are very gaudy. I think when most people see overly flashy shoes (or any item really) they think "Douchebag" immediately. To me there is nothing more elegant and stylish than a simple design, not just with shoes either. I mean Jil Sander seems to be doing pretty well, and her stuff is about as simple as you can get.

Also if you are looking for a daily shoe to wear with jeans, I would really stay away from all the reptile and exotic animal skins.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that every single shoe pretty much sucks, but dont try to fit him into your mold. If he likes flashy guady shoes, there is nothing wrong with that, help him find some exotic skin shoes that arent so terrible. Just because you dont like the style of shoe he does, dosent mean you have to bash him and slip him into a pair of classic shoes that he dosent want. BTW, NEVER wear fake croc, python, or any skin, it looks cheesy. If you cannot afford it, dont buy it. If you must have a skin, save up 1500 or so and try out these...
NMN054B_mn.jpg
NMN054C_mn.jpg

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by overdog
I think you deserve some credit for looking through the shoe Appreciation thread and doing some research.
Yeah, except he obviously didn't. I vote troll.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads