• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which shoe should I get pt.2 (more selections) (more educated)

Forkit

Reaction score
Hey guys,

After realizing my weaknesses in style in my previous thread, I decided to do more research, particularly in the "shoe p0rn" thread. After learning alot and further browsing, I discovered some very unique shoes that may go well with jeans. I would appreciate your input to my choices.

Shoe 1:

985-512697-p.jpg

Shoe 2:

6901-254444-p.jpg

Shoe 3:

6219-561263-p.jpg

Shoe 4:

6219-531509-p.jpg

Shoe 5:

6219-531499-p.jpg

So which shoe should I get?? All responses appreciated!!

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These still look hideous. Stop making all these garbage threads.

Read and learn.

rmw-Craftsman-Chestnut.jpg

Alden%20cordovan%20bluchers.jpg

17-300.jpg

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
This must be a joke, nobody is going to admit to voting for one of those.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are probably the ugliest five shoes ever grouped together in the history of the internet.

Forkit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
These still look hideous. Stop making all these garbage threads. Read and learn.
rmw-Craftsman-Chestnut.jpg
Alden%20cordovan%20bluchers.jpg
17-300.jpg

They look like those Allen Edmonds shoes you guys admire....only cheaper. Can you tell me why they look so distasteful?? Thanks for the straightforward reply! Edit: What's so special about the shoes you posted. I mean, dont they look a bit too plain??

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, these shoes are ugly. More education is required but if you are serious, this is the place to get honest opinions!

Forkit

Reaction score
lol you guys are being way to harsh.

What do you guys think of shoe #5?? What is it about plain shoes that makes it so stylish?

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Forkit
lol you guys are being way to harsh.

What do you guys think of shoe #5?? What is it about plain shoes that makes it so stylish?

Its not that 'plain=stylish' its more 'subtle=stylish'. Look at these shoes worn by GetSmart they just pop:
shoes1-1.jpg

Musselma

Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but they're all hideous. Every single one of them.

flashback

Reaction score
the shoes that other people are posting are CLASSICS, they will never go out of style no matter how old they are. They may seem simple to you but to be blunt, you obviously don't have a palate for classic style. Keep reading the forums and learning. Stay away from "trendy".

overdog

Reaction score
I think you deserve some credit for looking through the shoe Appreciation thread and doing some research. I realize that you are looking for a shoe that is unique, which is fine, especially since you are looking to wear it casually. The more you stick around and read this site, the more you will see what the difference is between a shoe that shows its uniqueness in a subtle way and a shoe that just tries to do too much.

For example, this would be a shoe sets itself apart from the classic "plain" styles, but doesn't try to overdo it.

26602.jpg

I'm not sure I even like it all that much, but this is just an example.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads