• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Omega Aqua Terra Dial?

Lawman

Reaction score
Thanks to those of you who responded to Friday's post regarding best watch options under $1,500. Over the weekend my wife had a fit of generosity and has decided to buy me a new Aqua Terra. Now I am trying to decide which dial to get.

I am dead set on the leather strap. Which dial would be best for wearing as a dress watch? I already have a Breitling Superocean, and Omega Planet Ocean and a vintage Omega Seamaster. I want something to wear with a suit and sportcoats.

My instinct tells me that white is the way to go, given these criteria, but I really, really love the blue with leather.

What do you think?

omegagold.gif

omegablue.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get the chance to see them in person? I vote for the blue dial - looks really nice IRL

Lawman

Reaction score
I did check them both out. The white dial with gold looked a little gaudy, almost baroque, to my eye. I love the blue.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Omega AT with silver face with silver hands and I love it. The gold markers seem too dark, and the blue seems too casual. I'll post you a pic when I get home.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The blue is gorgeous IRL.

The silver is nice, but IMO a bit boring.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lawman
I did check them both out. The white dial with gold looked a little gaudy, almost baroque, to my eye. I love the blue.
It seems like you have your answer right there

maj

Reaction score
Are these the only 2 you're considering? Because I really like the white dial with blued hands and markers.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, white with blue is an excellent choice too. Here is a quick and dirty shot from my phone of the white with silver.
img1222796644855.jpg

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blue is very nice in person. don't judge from online pictures which cast the color as more jewel toned than it appears in natural light.

To my eye, the blue looks almost black when worn - except at certain angles. Creates a classic look of the Ranchero from the 1950's/1960's, but adds contemporary charm.

The good news is that the AT has an excellent movement (so long as you get one made in 07 or beyond) and are underrated among the watch crowd. Meaning you should be able to get one new at a significant discount. Its common to see these sell for less than $2k new.

And best of all, you can get your COSC certificate for FREE if you email a picture of your warrenty cards and the watch to Omega in Switzerland.

dave

Reaction score
the white/rose gold combo is my favorite of all the AT models. I love that particular combo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads