1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where to shop in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chasingred, Nov 13, 2010.

1. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

Where to eat and drink? going in a couple weeks for 49ers/seahawks.

Jesus. Where to start.

Food: flour+water, Burma Superstar, Tartine Bakery, Delfina, Saigon Sandwiches, Blue Bottle Cafe (just for coffee), Ton Kiang or Yank Sing, Dosa, Tommy's Mexican Restaurant, Truly Mediterranean. I can go on if you want.

Drink: Bourbon and Branch, Alembic (friends of mine run this and they make some of the best drinks and dishes in the city), Rye, Cask (just a liquor store, but amazing if you like whiskey), Tosca, 15 Romelo, Pied Piper, Zeitgeist, Toronado, 21 Club, Cantina, Whiskey Thieves, Vesuvio. Again, I can go on if you want.

2. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Thats a good start. Been to a few of those spots, and looking to try bourbon/branch. Alemebic is a nice spot, as is magnolia. Gotta hit dim sum, but yanksing is too spendy for our group. Ive been going to that dimsum spot next to the fish store, forget the name. Any recommendations? I always like hitting tommys bar/sandwiches for a cheapass meal.

If you could have 1 amazing , only in SF dinner, where would it be? (moderate price, not farallon tier)
    -good cocktails, small rotating menu, farm/market driven a must

3. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

bump

Looking for a unique spot for an early dinner saturday for a group of 6 maybe 8, flour + water looks good but the line/wait program may not work.

4. 510kut

510kut Senior member

I liked Pizzeria Delfina in the mission. I heard good things about Delfina also (next door Italian restaurant)

5. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

If you're craving Mexican Sandwiches go to Tortas las picudas on 24th. WOW they are amzing-- get Chorizo and Asada!

6. jet

jet Senior member

There really isn't much good shopping anywhere anymore really with most recent collections being crap for the most part.

7. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Yeah im kinda glad theres not a ton of good shopping, spending too much on gifts right now.

Nothing up there that cant be found in la...

I just want to eat and drink. Looking forward to Tommys Joynt.

8. alex99

alex99 Senior member

bump

Looking for a unique spot for an early dinner saturday for a group of 6 maybe 8, flour + water looks good but the line/wait program may not work.

You will have that problem with almost any good restaurant in SF on a Saturday with no reserve.

I would try Range. They lost their Michelin star but still a great restaurant with good drinks. If your group was smaller I would say Frances, but on you need to reserve ahead and harder to get into than F&L.
    Delfina is good too, but small. A larger spot is NOPA, which has nice ambiance and people watching, but food is not quite as good as the others.

9. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Eats in SF:

If your eating Dim Sum in SF, goto Hong Kong Lounge on Geary. Don't goto Yank Sing or Ton Kiang. They are hyped. HK Lounge will have some of the best dim sum you ever had. The place will be packed with Chinese families, and probably a short wait.

Also, try Shabu House for japanese beef hotpot, Katana-ya for ramen, little star for deep dish pizza, papalote for burritos, el faralito for late night burritos, sightglass for coffee, turtle tower for northern style pho, etc, etc.

10. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Stayin in Jtown, any izakaya spots on ramen worth checking?

11. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

^ Check out Suzu inside the mall, or Tanpopo. Personally, I like Suzu more.

You can try Nopa or Little Star for dinner on Divisadero Street, which is like a neighborhood over heading toward the Haight.