• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to shop in San Francisco

spudnik99

Reaction score
Neither is "Streetwear", but worth the visit:

Cable Car Clothiers - Just about everything is overpriced, but it's like visiting a sartorial museum.
Wilkes Bashford - Lots of Italian high end clothing.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spudnik99
Neither is "Streetwear", but worth the visit:

Cable Car Clothiers - Just about everything is overpriced, but it's like visiting a sartorial museum.
Wilkes Bashford - Lots of Italian high end clothing.

I'm mostly an MCer, so I'm familiar with those. Unbelievably amazing shops.

emptym

Reaction score
Those are good. You might check out Glaser bags too. Made in SF to the highest standards. And if you're in SF tomorrow, you can come to their open house.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
Where to eat and drink? going in a couple weeks for 49ers/seahawks.

Jesus. Where to start.

Food: flour+water, Burma Superstar, Tartine Bakery, Delfina, Saigon Sandwiches, Blue Bottle Cafe (just for coffee), Ton Kiang or Yank Sing, Dosa, Tommy's Mexican Restaurant, Truly Mediterranean. I can go on if you want.

Drink: Bourbon and Branch, Alembic (friends of mine run this and they make some of the best drinks and dishes in the city), Rye, Cask (just a liquor store, but amazing if you like whiskey), Tosca, 15 Romelo, Pied Piper, Zeitgeist, Toronado, 21 Club, Cantina, Whiskey Thieves, Vesuvio. Again, I can go on if you want.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats a good start. Been to a few of those spots, and looking to try bourbon/branch. Alemebic is a nice spot, as is magnolia. Gotta hit dim sum, but yanksing is too spendy for our group. Ive been going to that dimsum spot next to the fish store, forget the name. Any recommendations? I always like hitting tommys bar/sandwiches for a cheapass meal.

If you could have 1 amazing , only in SF dinner, where would it be? (moderate price, not farallon tier)
-good cocktails, small rotating menu, farm/market driven a must

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bump

Looking for a unique spot for an early dinner saturday for a group of 6 maybe 8, flour + water looks good but the line/wait program may not work.

510kut

Reaction score
I liked Pizzeria Delfina in the mission. I heard good things about Delfina also (next door Italian restaurant)

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're craving Mexican Sandwiches go to Tortas las picudas on 24th. WOW they are amzing-- get Chorizo and Asada!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There really isn't much good shopping anywhere anymore really with most recent collections being crap for the most part.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah im kinda glad theres not a ton of good shopping, spending too much on gifts right now.

Nothing up there that cant be found in la...

I just want to eat and drink. Looking forward to Tommys Joynt.

alex99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
bump

Looking for a unique spot for an early dinner saturday for a group of 6 maybe 8, flour + water looks good but the line/wait program may not work.

You will have that problem with almost any good restaurant in SF on a Saturday with no reserve.

I would try Range. They lost their Michelin star but still a great restaurant with good drinks. If your group was smaller I would say Frances, but on you need to reserve ahead and harder to get into than F&L.
Delfina is good too, but small. A larger spot is NOPA, which has nice ambiance and people watching, but food is not quite as good as the others.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Eats in SF:

If your eating Dim Sum in SF, goto Hong Kong Lounge on Geary. Don't goto Yank Sing or Ton Kiang. They are hyped. HK Lounge will have some of the best dim sum you ever had. The place will be packed with Chinese families, and probably a short wait.

Also, try Shabu House for japanese beef hotpot, Katana-ya for ramen, little star for deep dish pizza, papalote for burritos, el faralito for late night burritos, sightglass for coffee, turtle tower for northern style pho, etc, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads