Where to shop in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chasingred, Nov 13, 2010.

1. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

I mainly spend my time in the MC forum, but I've developed a nascent interest in some SWD stuff. Curious on where some of you guys shop in San Francisco (besides MAC, Saks, Barneys, and Self Edge). I have this weekend free and would like to go browse.

Also, nothing in the mall please.

2. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

3. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

If Ralph Lauren is your thing, there are a couple in the city, including an RRL store.
    There is also Zara, Nordstroms etc at the Westfield mall.
    You could go thrift and vintage shopping either in the Haight or Mission (or Fillmore st a little also)

4. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

hayes valley has some cool stores: acrimony's buyer is from sufu and gets some cool stuff in every season, M A C is an absolute must, nida, and a few others im missing. if you're into gothninja the archive is a must see. the bloomies has a surprisngly decent selection as well. i like sf bloomies more than the nyc one.

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

No one for AB Fits, Villians, etc?

6. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Did you say Villians?

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Both are pretty played out at this point. Villains and Villains Vault have both been trashy for at least 5 years now, and AB Fits really lost its personality when one of the partners left. Did no one mention Self Edge yet?

And MAC is the best store in the city. If you like designers, there is a reasonably stocked Marc Jacobs and a Jil Sander store in the Union Square area, both on Maiden Lane. Barneys and Bloomingdales also carry some decent stuff, but their buys can be a little hit and miss. I usually like about 10% of their merchandise.

8. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Unionmade is worth the visit. They have a lot of items and brands that are featured in the better denim and streetwear blogs.

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Did you say Villians?
    Yeah, you told me you recommended it to jet if he found Azalea closed. Was just passing on your advice...

10. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

+1 for Unionmade. I visited once and enjoyed it. I wish I lived closer than 3000 miles to that shop.

11. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

+1 for Unionmade. I visited once and enjoyed it. I wish I lived closer than 3000 miles to that shop.

You know they have a website, right?

12. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Both are pretty played out at this point. Villains and Villains Vault have both been trashy for at least 5 years now, and AB Fits really lost its personality when one of the partners left. Did no one mention Self Edge yet?

And MAC is the best store in the city. If you like designers, there is a reasonably stocked Marc Jacobs and a Jil Sander store in the Union Square area, both on Maiden Lane. Barneys and Bloomingdales also carry some decent stuff, but their buys can be a little hit and miss. I usually like about 10% of their merchandise.

The Jil Sander store has been closed for a long time, unless its been reopened lately. I believe AB Fits is also closed or at least its not in its normal Union Square location anymore. Here's some other places.

Archive: Gothninja store but you can really mix and match some really interesting pieces from here into a normal wardrobe.

Paul Smith: The PS boutique is just a really pleasant store to visit.

Dior Homme: I believe this place just opened? They shut down the old Dior boutique and were renovating it last time I shopped in Union Square. This was a couple months ago though so it might not be open yet.
    end to be awesome but just buy normal clothes.

Azalea: I think this is Tobi's real life counterpart? A store aimed for younger people, but they have some nice stuff as well.

Burberry: Has a really big prorsum collection surprisingly.

Rolo: Has a lot of streetwear stuff, but I've never really liked it. Its been constantly in sale mode so it might be going out of business?

Gimme Shoes: Used to be really nice shoe store that sold Lanvin, Margiela, and Jil. I think their fare is slightly more pedestrian these days but its still a nice store.

Fillipa K/Bastille: This is the Fillipa K brand store but it also is Bastille, a multi-brand store.

13. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

B Fits is still open. It's now located at 1519 Grant Ave past Chinatown and is one of my favorite stores.

14. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

What store in SF has the best selection of Alden Indy's? Perhaps exclusives?

15. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

^Probably the Alden store.

In addition to the stores mentioned above, you could check out On the Fly and The Hound.

Thrift stores in the Mission and vintage stores in the Haight are worth a few hours too imo.