• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find V neck knitwear sweatshirt with extra long sleeves ?

Toj

Reaction score
Hi, where can I find V neck knitwear sweatshirt with extra long sleeves ?
Here is my problem, ALL V neck knitwear I can find in shops are like this: when the chest fits, the sleeves are way too short (I am 183 cm / 60 kg , that is 6 feet / 132 pounds):
1695228703869.png

This V neck knitwear sweatshirt has the size with the orange rectangle below. As you can see if I get 1 or 2 size higher is not the solution as then the chest of this sweatshirt will be too large for me.
What I need is the values encircled in blue color.
1695228750620.png

So how can I get a V neck knitwear sweatshirt that fits me, so with extra long sleeves (and longer size to go below the belt) ?

A/ Are there online shops that can make V neck knitwear sweatshirt based on your measures ?
I could find a lot for shirts and suits, but none for V neck knitwear sweatshirt.

B/ Are there brand that make extra long sleeves for thin men ?
I could not find in shops as well as online. I am very interested if you know some.

C/ Or should I buy too large V neck knitwear sweatshirts and ask a lot repair & alterations shop to do the changes ?
But which modifications should I ask exactly ? is it even possible to alter a V neck knitwear sweatshirt ?

paxonus

Reaction score
At your height you aren't going to find anything in regular sizes with longer sleeves. You need to look for Tall sizing. Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers make knits in Tall.

Toj

Reaction score
At your height you aren't going to find anything in regular sizes with longer sleeves. You need to look for Tall sizing. Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers make knits in Tall.
I have carefully checked your recommendations but I could not find a V-neck in Tall S sizing.

- At Ralph Lauren: They only have 'Tall Sizes' from 'L' size ! 😓 I need 'Tall S'
1696499036942.png

- At Brooks Brothers: I do not see Tall sizes
1696499114542.png

On which website can I purchase 'Tall S' size v-neck ? (I am based in Europe for info, but I can order abroad if necessary as nothing else fits me 😥)

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i see a number of options :

- go custom or mtm or learn to knit .

- otr alteration - here i'd find a raglan shoulder v neck where the arms fit good and then take in the chest in through the length . a saddle shoulder might also work , or a drop shoulder . a set-in shoulder is probably not workable imho but it's your body so . just try a few on and clip the seams in from the inside to see if it's workable , then it should be easy to sew up .

- another idea is to find a sweater model that has turn back cuffs and simply don't turn them back , you should get 2 or 3 inches of sleeve doing that

Toj

Reaction score
- go custom or mtm or learn to knit .
I will not have time to knit with a child and work.
I am using online mtm for shirts (), that's great and the choice is amazing. I am recommending for anyone with a tall very thin body.
But for knitwear sweatshirt I haven't found any online mtm.

- otr alteration - here i'd find a raglan shoulder v neck where the arms fit good and then take in the chest in through the length . a saddle shoulder might also work , or a drop shoulder . a set-in shoulder is probably not workable imho but it's your body so . just try a few on and clip the seams in from the inside to see if it's workable , then it should be easy to sew up .
It is not just the trunk of the sweatshirt that needs to be thinner, it is also the arms.
So I wonder if alteration is doable as I will need to:
- have the trunk being cut thinner
- and the sleeves to be cut thinner as well

- another idea is to find a sweater model that has turn back cuffs and simply don't turn them back , you should get 2 or 3 inches of sleeve doing that
I have found one once and that works great for the arm. There is still on the body that it is too short.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
local yarn shops ( machine or needles ) are a great bet to get a referral for custom knitting services . i don't know of any online services .

i do think the alteration is totally doable with a raglan style , yes you'd taper the sleeves too .

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads