• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started re-watching Marco Polo on Netflix. Benedict Wong plays an excellent Kublai Khan and Joan Chen's Empress is full of nuance. The guy who played Marco Polo sucks balls. Basically everyone did a fine job on their roles except for Marco Polo.

The fighting choreography for Hundred Eyes, Michelle Yeoh, the Chancellor and his sister is *mwaaahhhh*

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Did Jack Do? It's like something you would find on Youtube. Even for David Lynch it is very WTF.

It's only 17 minutes with a couple of funny non sequiturs, but WTF.

It's on Netflix.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wp5394421.jpg

Someone please tell me that this is worth watching until the end.....without giving anything away.

I started it last week. Stopped after ep 2. Restarted it this week. Got to ep 5 last night.

Netflix is creating loads of shows that mimic the successful/brilliant Broadchurch(season 1).....multiple story lines that will intersect at the end. The Stranger follows that format, but the stories are strange(I guess the title is apropos.)

I won't rate at this point in case the ending is amazing. I still find myself wanting to just stop watching and turn to something else.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1581699241572.png

I'm only on episode 2 but first episode starts off hot. I know what I am going to be doing this weekend

popcorn3.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nikos

Reaction score
Started watching Narcos Mexico first season yesterday. Looks good so far. Good to know you guys liked it.

Also, I agree about Benedict Wong in Marco Polo. However, I found the show quite boring, although the era was so interesting. And the lead actor was bad.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have started every season of Narcos and was only able to make it through the first (not because I thought it was good). I thought it was all boring as ****. The preview for season 4 was enough for me to not want to watch a single episode.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have started every season of Narcos and was only able to make it through the first (not because I thought it was good). I thought it was all boring as ****. The preview for season 4 was enough for me to not want to watch a single episode.
The first season was good because it was relatively different. They cut back on the voicover that everyone hated and got more plot involved. Then the Mexican one started and i just didn't care.

Deadwood is doin it for me lately and also....frontline.

The latter will **** you up how good it is.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Frontline looks good, thanks. I see it is on YouTube as well.
Its probably the best longform journalism on tv.

In any language.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like frontlines pr guy ill just post this from the wiki to show how good and well respected the show is

After the September 11 attacks, the White House requested a copy of "Hunting Bin Laden". In 1999, Frontline had produced this in-depth report about Osama bin Laden and the terrorist network that would come to be known as Al-Qaeda in the wake of the 1998 United States embassy bombings. Following the September 11 attacks, Frontline produced a series of films about Al-Qaeda and the War on Terrorism. In 2002, the program was awarded the DuPont-Columbia gold baton for the seven films.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Then the Mexican [Narcos] started and i just didn't care.

I saw it had both Diego Luna and Scoot McNairy (two actors I’ll watch in just about anything) but I couldn’t make it through the first episode. It’s just more of the same. I’m yearning for Netflix to make a different kind of show.

In other news, I caught seasons 3-4 of Better Call Saul recently. If you’ve only seen the first season or two, you’ll definitely want to finish it. Long stretches of Mike/Fring/Salamanca plot lines make it indistinguishable from Breaking Bad. (Not that the bits with Bob Odenkirk are bad, it was just a pleasant surprise).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads