• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve been reading a lot about Rome lately, and am in the middle of “The Assassination of Julius Caesar” by Michael Parenti. I’ll have to check this out.
Probably goes without saying, but don't expect it to be too historically accurate. The writers took a lot of liberties but still awesome show.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cardassians were awesome. Some of the best ST characters ever. Gul Dukat, Elim Garak, Aamin Marritza. Even Damar was a surprisingly well rounded and interesting character.
and Gul Madred, the baddy that tortured starfleet officers played by great actor David Warner, who btw voiced Irenicus in BG2

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started re-watching Marco Polo on Netflix. Benedict Wong plays an excellent Kublai Khan and Joan Chen's Empress is full of nuance. The guy who played Marco Polo sucks balls. Basically everyone did a fine job on their roles except for Marco Polo.

The fighting choreography for Hundred Eyes, Michelle Yeoh, the Chancellor and his sister is *mwaaahhhh*

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cute. But the Cardassians were the villains of many of the best TNG episodes, like "The Wounded" or "Chain of Command."

Yes, I know about the Cardassians. They were the species smart enough to not breed with Tasha Yar.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What Did Jack Do? It's like something you would find on Youtube. Even for David Lynch it is very WTF.

It's only 17 minutes with a couple of funny non sequiturs, but WTF.

It's on Netflix.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Someone please tell me that this is worth watching until the end.....without giving anything away.

I started it last week. Stopped after ep 2. Restarted it this week. Got to ep 5 last night.

Netflix is creating loads of shows that mimic the successful/brilliant Broadchurch(season 1).....multiple story lines that will intersect at the end. The Stranger follows that format, but the stories are strange(I guess the title is apropos.)

I won't rate at this point in case the ending is amazing. I still find myself wanting to just stop watching and turn to something else.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1581699241572.png

I'm only on episode 2 but first episode starts off hot. I know what I am going to be doing this weekend

popcorn3.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nikos

Reaction score
Started watching Narcos Mexico first season yesterday. Looks good so far. Good to know you guys liked it.

Also, I agree about Benedict Wong in Marco Polo. However, I found the show quite boring, although the era was so interesting. And the lead actor was bad.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have started every season of Narcos and was only able to make it through the first (not because I thought it was good). I thought it was all boring as shit. The preview for season 4 was enough for me to not want to watch a single episode.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have started every season of Narcos and was only able to make it through the first (not because I thought it was good). I thought it was all boring as shit. The preview for season 4 was enough for me to not want to watch a single episode.
The first season was good because it was relatively different. They cut back on the voicover that everyone hated and got more plot involved. Then the Mexican one started and i just didn't care.

Deadwood is doin it for me lately and also....frontline.

The latter will fuck you up how good it is.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 140 29.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%